Cubone and Thick Club

Preesh

At the moment I've spent a few days in the Vejyr entrance hunting for a Thick Club for my Cubone so I could grind him on the way through the area. I was just curious if its easier to find Cubone anywhere else in the game. I think I've probably seen more shinys in the area than Cubone at this point. I'm just not sure if its worth any more time trying to get a Thick Club. I'm just thinking of getting Ghost and Fire coverage later on if I can since this doesn't seem to be working out to well.

cubone's a 2% encounter chance IIRC so it's alas not unrealistic to see shinies before it if RNGesus feels like giving you a bad day.

There doesn't seem to be any better access to cubone later on, so you're out of luck. Depending of how you feel about it, your best bet might be to simply use the mod from Reborn that forces available pokemons you haven't caught yet to spawn in wild battles, and omit the line where it requires your lead mon to hold a smoke ball to work.

15 hours ago, Yumil said:

cubone's a 2% encounter chance IIRC so it's alas not unrealistic to see shinies before it if RNGesus feels like giving you a bad day.

There doesn't seem to be any better access to cubone later on, so you're out of luck. Depending of how you feel about it, your best bet might be to simply use the mod from Reborn that forces available pokemons you haven't caught yet to spawn in wild battles, and omit the line where it requires your lead mon to hold a smoke ball to work.

Ah ok. If that's the case I'll just find the coverage later on then. Thanks