My team needs advice

Kooks

To give you an idea of my current progression through the game, my latest gym battle is Samson at the Agate circus, and my latest team meteor battle was a duo with aya versus aster & eclipse. I'm in Calcenon City.

My main team rn:

(pingu) Empoleon [lvl 67]
Ability: Defiant
-Bubble beam
-Hydro Pump
-Metal Claw
-Drill peck

(BFG) Golurk [lvl 69]
Ability: Iron Fist

-Iron Defense

-Earthquake

-Shadow Punch

-Hammer Arm

(doge but red (I had a stoutland which I called Doge)) Arcanine [lvl 69]

Ability: Justified

-Crunch

-Close Combat

-Flamethrower

-Flare Blitz

(Budew) Roserade [lvl 69]
Ability: Poison Point

-Giga Drain

-Petal Blizzard

-Extrasensory

-Toxic

(Eshay) Scrafty [lvl 67]
Ability: Shed Skin

-Crunch

-Brick Break

-Flying jump kick

-Dragon dance

(electrosheep) Ampharos [lvl 67]
Ability: Static
-Thunder Punch

-Dragon Pulse

-Discharge

-Thunder

Feel free to comment any improvements to my team
Extra pokemon that are worthy to replace:
- Silvally [lvl 66] (maybe not *worthy* but mediocre)
- Meowstic [lvl 63]

- Bibarel [lvl 53]

- Drifblim [lvl 60]

- Emolga [lvl 61]

- Mightyena [lvl 60]

- Toxicroak [lvl 56]

- Absol [lvl 72] (very poor movepool and over the level cap, caught in the wild)

- Clefairy [lvl 30] (Can evolve into Clefable, good against dragon types)

- Carbink ([lvl 46]
- Dustox [lvl 52] 

- Hawlucha [lvl 51]

- Karrablast [lvl 47] (can evolve into escalvier, or idk how to spell)

Edited by Kooks

your team doesn't look too bad to me! seems pretty balanced.

it does seem a bit weak to fighting types but samson is behind you and I don't recall there being many threatening fighting types after him. I can definitely see charlotte being a problem for your team since you don't really have any fire resists though. you'll probably want to make some adjustments to your team for your battle against her, idk what the most common strats are for dealing with her but trick room is pretty reliable and you already have golurk who is great for trick room offense against charlotte. (I used torterra and clawitzer for her myself).

I could also see your team having trouble with terra since your water type is weak to eq and your grass type is neutral against it, maybe you could swap ampharos or arcanine out for drifblim and get it icy wind from one of the move tutors at the circus. If you have any ability capsules then I'd highly recommend swapping scrafty and maybe arcanine's abilities to intimidate since that helps out a lot against her and a lot of bosses in general. I don't remember terra being too crazy outside of her ace but I also had like Torterra, Seismitoad and Clawitzer all on the same team.

without spoiling anything, there's a pretty hard boss mon that's two gyms from where you're at that really demands either perish song or a decent steel type on your team, magnezone/magneton in particular is ideal for that fight, you should be able to get magneton by now so it might not be a bad idea to swap ampharos for that but if you don't want to that's totally fine, it's your call.

oh yeah, and if you haven't done so already, you probably might want to rearrange your party's EVs though if you didn't do so before going past agate, you'll have to wait until you return to reborn city to get the power items and the ev resetting berries from the department store. there's not much you can do about that but with enough strategy and smart team building you should be able to make it without specialized evs.