Help adding custom pokemon

heHctor9057

I downloaded the PBS folder and added my custom pokemon to the proper text file location, but now when I try to playtest the game I keep getting this error:

Script 'PokeBattle_Pokemon' line 909:ArgumentError occured. The species number (no. 893 of 890) is invalid.

What did I do wrong?

Also, why does the process of adding new pokemon seem more complicated?

5 hours ago, heHctor9057 said:

I downloaded the PBS folder and added my custom pokemon to the proper text file location, but now when I try to playtest the game I keep getting this error:

Script 'PokeBattle_Pokemon' line 909:ArgumentError occured. The species number (no. 893 of 890) is invalid.

What did I do wrong?

Also, why does the process of adding new pokemon seem more complicated?

i think you'll need to expand the amount of pkmn species itself. Personally i would rather add new pokemon through PokemonMultipleForms instead since it is much simpler

7 minutes ago, heHctor9057 said:

Do you mean in PBSpecies? Cause I did that but it just ignores it, unless you mean a different place. I'll try the Pokemonmultipleforms though, thanks

You're actually not adding a new pokemon species itself, you're adding a new form of an existing pokemon. It's like adding rift gyarados.. As such, gyarados has 2 different forms itself, its mega counterpart and rift counterpart. With this you can add diff variant pokemons (ex: delta pkmns from insurgence), hackmons (too op tho) , you can even add fakemons but it won't be registered in the pokedex as a new species