Trying to breed Toxtricity...

Zedus

I'm trying to breed a Toxtricity with good IVs, so I went to Sheridan and put my toxtricity and a ditto in the daycare. I went to talk to the old man out front, and he told me that "the two prefer to play with other Pokemon instead of each other..." meaning they aren't compatible. The problem here is that I'm using a Ditto, so that makes 0 sense. Since Toxtricity is in the Human-like egg group, I tried using a Throh instead of Ditto, and got the same result. Is Toxtricity just bugged, or am I missing something?

To clarify: 
Yes, I'm using the evolved form (I know Toxel can't breed), and it's a female Toxtricity (Amped form). I did have each Pokemon equipped with a Power item to pass on IVs. 

Update: I tried breeding with a male and female Toxtricity, and got the same message. It's probably just bugged...

Edited by Zedus

Ah, I guess it's just bugged then. That sucks, but at least all the Toxel in the West Gearen Sewers seem to come with 3 max IVs, so at least I can just try for a catching spree. 

• 3 months later...

Sorry for posting on an old post despite having never posted before, but I haven't seen anyone posting the reason of this or how to solve it and it may be useful for others with the same issue. I hope I am not breaking any rules.

Toxel is a baby Pokémon and as such, it has the egg group "Undiscovered". On evolving, the egg group sould change to "Human-like", which is Toxtricity egg group on the official games. However, I checked the PBS files and Toxtricity is also set as  "Undiscovered" egg group, making it impossible to breed. Probably by an oversight the egg group was just copied from Toxel instead of changing it since usually the whole evilution line has the same egg group, with babies being a clare exception.

There is a way to fix this, but you will need the PBS files that you can find here: 

The PBS folder must be extracted on the same folder as the game.

And the Debug Mod that you can find here: 

Please be aware that you can break things if you fiddle with the Debug carelessly, so if you don't know what you are doing don't touch things just to try.

How to solve Toxtricity's egg group problem:

1. Go to the PBS folder and open pokemon.txt
  2. Search for Toxtricity
  3. Change "Undiscovered" for "Humanlike"
  4. Save the file without touching anything else
  5. Open the game
  6. Open the menu and go to "Debug"
  7. Go to "Compile Data (no map)"
  8. Wait until the compilation finished, it may take a while
  9. Close the game.
  10. Open it again and Toxtricity should be able to breed normally.

As long as you don't touch anything beyond what is told to touch here, there shouldn't be any issue with this fix, but if you start to modify things carelessly on the PBS and use the option to compile, you may end up breaking things, so be careful.

EDIT. I also made a couple of fixes for evolving properly into Low Key Form and allowing it to leanrn the right moves by leveling up.

Edited by a3xgf
Add link to other Toxtricity fixes