Is Route 4 buggin or am I?

MDM1 Beans

So I've included some screenshots, but every time I walk onto and off of this section in Route 4, the fog shifts, the sign in the bottom right appears or disappears, the Misdreavus suddenly shifts at night, and in the morning and day when I'm in the upper part I just hear Kricketot's cry on repeat despite there not being one there. Is this bugging, or is it intended for some reason I just don't understand, which is totally possible because I've never played Sw/Sh so this whole route confuses me a bit.

(Yes, I've checked that it still does this without any mods)

Route4_1.png

Route4_2.png

I have noticed this as well and think that this happens because Route 4 is split into many parts (as often is with big locations, I think, because when using WalkThroughWalls mod to cut down on travel time sometimes I reach an end of the map even though in theory it shouldn't be there if the map is not split; it would also make sense because it may be costly in terms of game's memory usage to not split it because covering a big section of the map at one time, especially if it is packed with events and NPCs, often causes lag) that may have differences in weather and that going into one part may trigger events, which explains Misdreavus and Kriketots' cries. As for the sign, well, most likely it's the dev team's oversight, after all it is easy to not notice a mistake sometimes, besides the Route 4 isn't complete as of this version.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, alisekoroleva said:

I have noticed this as well and think that this happens because Route 4 is split into many parts (as often is with big locations, I think, because when using WalkThroughWalls mod to cut down on travel time sometimes I reach an end of the map even though in theory it shouldn't be there if the map is not split; it would also make sense because it may be costly in terms of game's memory usage to not split it because covering a big section of the map at one time, especially if it is packed with events and NPCs, often causes lag) that may have differences in weather and that going into one part may trigger events, which explains Misdreavus and Kriketots' cries. As for the sign, well, most likely it's the dev team's oversight, after all it is easy to not notice a mistake sometimes, besides the Route 4 isn't complete as of this version.

Ah, I see. I didn't know that about the map splits, but that definitely helps to explain the things I'm seeing!