Question about Debug

BlueApple

to be frank, i wouldn't particularly consider it cheating. i don't think "their IVs are perfect and yours aren't purely because you happen to have been unlucky" is a part of any kind of like.. "honest" challenge - there's no real reason to go through the tedium of breeding to maintain some idea that you "didn't cheat", you know? so, if you're just going off the first answer you get, then i personally would say it isn't cheating to cut out what is essentially just a potentially fruitless timesink. 

• Like 2

I've always seen it as evening the playing field.  After all, having perfect IVs on both sides is a form of parity, and already represents a substantial increase in difficulty from the main line games, where most trainers have IVs of 0 across the board.

Besides, even if you don't cheat, on Intense mode, the AI definitely will.  It won't be the 31 IVs on every opponent's Pokemon that does you in, it'll be the 252 EVs in every stat starting around chapter 11-12.  Also, I don't recommend Intense for V13; the difficultly is egregious and also mostly artificial (see: 252 EVs in every stat).  This coming from a guy who completed a hardcore nuzlocke of Reborn up to current episode, so I can't be too terrible at the game.