Second Geara Fight Help - Intense

0ris

I'm struggling with the Geara fight on the jungle bridge. It seems his Krookodile and Gengar both have 252 speed EVs, causing them to outspeed my Ev-maxed on various non-speed points Cinderace.

Is there any way to strip off EVs at this point in the game? Alternatively, if there are any good ways of dealing with Geara's team here I welcome all suggestions. I'd rather not have to make a new game, since if I can't beat this fight with what I have there isn't any way for me to proceed.

I've been grabbing pretty much everything. With the exceptions of Shinx, Mincinno, Jigglypuff, and Sawk, I think I managed to gather up everything that was available before going to Blacksteeple. My mystery egg was Dhelmise. If it's available before this point in the story, I probably have it.

I also have three Ice Shard Endeavor Donphans that I used to win the Deathwing battle, but they're hard to use against Geara's ghosts.

EVERYTHING on Intense got full 31 IVs and 252 EV in 2 stats, which is a pain. Krook can be dealt with with some tanky physically defensive Grass type, since they resist EQ and are neutral to Crunch. Very little can outspeed Gengar, so something super fat that resist/neutrals both his STABs or Focus Band save scumming. Intense does not play fair, you have no reason to as well. 

I actually beat him with a similar strat to what you suggested:

Tangrowth destroys Krookodile and comes out with 100% HP due to Giga Drain and Regenerator even after tanking the Z move.

I beat Gengar by setting up Stealth Rocks by sending out my Coaloasol vs his Clefable, and then using Sucker Punch with an ev-trained Cacturne. That Cacturne also beat the Marowak with the same strat. Sucker Punch is excellent for these fights, since Cacturne's so fragile the AI always goes for the knockout if it calculates that it can get it.

Another important factor in my victory was that I started with Cinderace and immediately switched into Magic Bounce Xatu, then attacked once, then swapped back. This results in there being no entry hazards on the field, but either Geara swaps into Marowak/Krook or loses Masq with only chip damage to Cinderace from Bug Buzz.