XY Shinys

EggtasticTaco

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Caught my first shiny in Y last night as well, a volbeat. I was randomly checking the tall grass for pokemon I hadn't caught before and it showed up. I almost didn't pay attention to the little sparkle animation, which was the only way I would have known it was shiny (idgaf about volbeats). I've logged in a lot less time than I have in previous games but that already meets or exceeds my record for non-event shinys in a game.

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen a shiny Geodude, in a horde battle, but the one next to it killed it with magnitude..... Team killing noob

My friend literally had the same situation but with Gravelers instead, and lucky him he caught that graveler. Also worth mentioning it was his first ever shiny that I helped evolved into a shiny Golem.

I've got, 2 shiny Clawitzer [one was traded for a Shiny Skrelp], a shiny Clauncher, a shiny Gyarados, a shiny Togepi, a shiny Stunfisk, and a shiny Relicanth.

Sadly, all tipping does is give you a medal, it doesn't increase the shiny rate. And I'm guessing we all know about consecutive fishing by now right? There is no evidence of the shiny rate being increased in the normal game either, though it's thought to be higher in the friend safari.

• 2 weeks later...

Would that Shiny Scraggy [or any other shinys for that matter] be for trade? I can breed any mon currently in the game, and have a spare Xerneas and Yveltal to trade.

I have a shiny Delphox, Alakazam, Relicanth, Gligar, Pansage, Clauncher and Pumpkaboo.

I got the Delphox after 7 eggs. The Pumpkaboo took about 4 boxes according to Chrona because he gave it to me for halloween.

Gligar, Alakazam and Pansage were just random. I found the Pansage today, it was in your friend safari Secundum. >>

Clauncher and Relicanth were the fishing method. I had 2 Clauncher but I traded one to Secundum.

I'm currently hunting for a Magikarp and Luvdisc.

Might wanna try using the pokeradar for a Budew or Eevee.

Also now I'm talking about shinies, Chrona got quite a few too. I think he has Pawniard, Durant, Lunatone, Whismur and Hippopotas.

I know he was trying for a Honedge but he still got nothing after 11 boxes which is a lot.

Is that shiny Delphox for trade? Also, does anyone know if we can release lots of pokes at once? I only have 3 boxes left to put failed breeding stock in.

• Administrators

I actually found a shiny Ariados in Terminus Cave since I got hardcore lost and wandered around for a while there- simultaneously awesome and suckish because I love Ariados but its nature is terrible.