Rift Hippowdon Help Request

SilentEevee

Has anyone actually managed to beat this thing? I'm on intense mode, and I've tried basically everything. It takes forever just to break through the shields because of its insane defence- each shield takes around 3-5 hits, depending on the pokemon in question, and it has 5 of them.

But okay, sure, there's Ren helping you by lowering its offences and speed- it's ultimately a 2 on 1 match.

Except it just ends up devolving into a stall war. It's ability basically applies a stockpile and leftovers recovery at the end of the turn, so even after, by some miracle, I manage to break through all the shields, it ends up healing more than I can damage it each turn.

The cherry on top is the incredible difficulty I have in setting up. Trying to do things like set up dragon dances just makes me death fodder even when it's -6 on all stats, thanks to the wonders of spit up.

I've tried everything I can think of- I can't suppress its ability because it's a rift mon, I can't temporarily immobilize it in any way because of the same reason- I can't even toxic stall or destiny bond it.

At best, my current strategy is dependent on using a trace porygon to survive enough hits until I wear down its shields, but I haven't managed to go any further than that, even when I use an ice team that spammed never-miss blizzards.

Am I just missing something incredibly obvious? 

Dunno If this will do any good at all, but have you tried Octolock? The one who reduces both defenses each turn. That, plus some heavy hitting rain boosted water moves might be able to wear them down. 

Im pretty far away from this fight still, so I can't really test or help, but that's the first thing that comes to mind. Those two aren't really fast as far as I can remember, so you should be able to do something with that.

I used orbeetle (Important moves: calm mind, psychic and recover - egg move), thievul (with crest, snarl and parting shot), A-Roserade (nature power and earth power), appletun (apple acid, leech seed, dragon pulse and recover) and indeedee (psychic and encore)

First i used parting shot/snarl and the crest of thievul to lower the offensive stats, then i broke the shield with indeedee, orb and roserade, when the shield was done i bring appletun and kill it in the long run 

Be prepared of what's coming at the end of this place, it's realy dumb

3 minutes ago, Blacephal said:

I used orbeetle (Important moves: calm mind, psychic and recover - egg move), thievul (with crest, snarl and parting shot), A-Roserade (nature power and earth power), appletun (apple acid, leech seed, dragon pulse and recover) and indeedee (psychic and encore)

First i used parting shot/snarl and the crest of thievul to lower the offensive stats, then i broke the shield with indeedee, orb and roserade, when the shield was done i bring appletun and kill it in the long run 

Be prepared of what's coming at the end of this place, it's realy dumb

Oh ya, I managed to beat it by cheesing my way through with sharpen, but tbh Ryland was nothing compared to the rift mon. He was incredibly difficult, don't get me wrong, but it only took me like an hour instead of a day.

3 hours ago, Vivi_Hallow said:

Dunno If this will do any good at all, but have you tried Octolock? The one who reduces both defenses each turn. That, plus some heavy hitting rain boosted water moves might be able to wear them down. 

Im pretty far away from this fight still, so I can't really test or help, but that's the first thing that comes to mind. Those two aren't really fast as far as I can remember, so you should be able to do something with that.

Water moves aren't really that viable, because the field the battle takes place on weakens water moves.

As for octolock, I'd basically have ended up spamming it just to counter the natural boosts the rift hippowdon received, which means I basically couldn't attack and the rift mon would just slowly heal itself every turn.

I managed to cheese my way through it by using sharpen on my trace porygon, after many, many attempts.

I do not recommend you try it on intense mode. It is not fun.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...