Cufant Location

firestrikex79

So I heard cufant was available in the safari zone, specifically the bottom left section, but I still haven't been able to find it. Can someone send a screenshot of where the exact location is in the safari zone? I am currently at 6 badges and this is where I've tried looking for it: 

Screen Shot 2021-07-25 at 9.30.02 PM.png

4 hours ago, firestrikex79 said:

So I heard cufant was available in the safari zone, specifically the bottom left section, but I still haven't been able to find it. Can someone send a screenshot of where the exact location is in the safari zone? I am currently at 6 badges and this is where I've tried looking for it: 

Screen Shot 2021-07-25 at 9.30.02 PM.png

It took a while, but the ss is actually the location of cufant. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is Cufant found here at a particular time of day?

I want one since I saw someone saying that it's good against Angie in a Trick Room team, but I've SR'd three Safari Zone visits and not seen a single one.

Edit: Found one after many resets. It ran away.

I hate, hate, hate, hate the safari zone.

Not sure what level it's found but a neat trick I used to find chansey was to use a level 35 pokemon and repels. After a couple of parasect and tropius it doesn't take long for 1% chansey to appear. Maybe possible to use the same tactic for cufant depending on it's level?

5 minutes ago, Samurai said:

Not sure what level it's found but a neat trick I used to find chansey was to use a level 35 pokemon and repels. After a couple of parasect and tropius it doesn't take long for 1% chansey to appear. Maybe possible to use the same tactic for cufant depending on it's level?

The one I eventually got was level 38, so that might be the trick to getting it.

I didn't realize repels worked in the safari zone, because my magnet pull wasn't bringing in the Cufant like I'd hoped.

1 minute ago, 0ris said:

The one I eventually got was level 38, so that might be the trick to getting it.

I didn't realize repels worked in the safari zone, because my magnet pull wasn't bringing in the Cufant like I'd hoped.

Ah it should work then. Just save before you enter the safari zone. Lead with a level 38 pokemon and spam repels. It should only take a couple of mins.

On 8/6/2021 at 2:30 AM, Samurai said:

Ah it should work then. Just save before you enter the safari zone. Lead with a level 38 pokemon and spam repels. It should only take a couple of mins.

Can someone explain the repel strategy to me? I don't get it I'm afraid.

42 minutes ago, abeltje5005 said:

Can someone explain the repel strategy to me? I don't get it I'm afraid.

Repels keep weaker pokemon from appearing for a certain number of steps, but not pokemon on the same or higher level than the pokemon at the front of your party.

So for example if you use a repel and the leading pokemon in your party is level 35, then anything level 34 and below won't appear, but level 35 and higher will appear. In this case its a good way to hunt rarer pokemon in the safari zone.