Pokemon Movesets

MDM1 Beans

So I've started a fresh run of Rejuv with the newest update and I'm about through Sheriden now and haven't been able to figure out what is going on with movesets for Pokemon that appear in Sw/Sh. Some of these Pokemon seem to have some kind of blended Gen 7 & 8 moveset (ex: Charmander learns Dragon Breath and Dragon Rage) while some still have only Gen 7 movesets (ex: Swablu caught at level 20 has Natural Gift and no Dragon Breath).

Has anyone found any rhyme or reason to the movesets that Pokemon have, or know how to figure that out? I only ask because I feel like it effects the viability of some Pokemon as well as how I train and evolve them.

Also, is the move relearner in Sheriden no longer accessible at all until the sister is found?

41 minutes ago, Mindlessant said:

All pokemon from gen 1-7 should still be using gen 7 movesets while gen 8 pokemon use gen 8 movesets.

Really? That's so interesting. I wonder why my Charmander has both Dragon Breath and Dragon Rage?

Gen 1-7 Pokemon have their Gen 7 moveset, but if their Gen 8 movesets have any new moves (ie. Dragon Breath on Charmander), it is added to the learning pool. Basically, you get the best of both worlds.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, crulla said:

Gen 1-7 Pokemon have their Gen 7 moveset, but if their Gen 8 movesets have any new moves (ie. Dragon Breath on Charmander), it is added to the learning pool. Basically, you get the best of both worlds.

I see, so they are only added in if they are entirely new moves, not if the moves are learned sooner or later. Thanks!