Severe performance issues in certain areas

Juggy

Heya all, first time poster here,

First of all, not sure if this belong here or in "Troubleshooting" so please let me know if I have to move it.

So I've had some issues from the start of the game, every few seconds while moving my character would pause for a second and then move on, wasn't too bad though, I tried a few things but nothing really seemed to help so I just played the game with it;
For some reason it got really bad when I came close to the Pulse Tangegrowth in Malchous forest, but once I beat him the framerate returned to normal

Recently I've gotten to Apophyll Beach and Byxbysion Wasteland, in both of these areas this issue has gotten so bad that moving around becomes rather difficult, I need to hold my movement keys for  second at least before my character starts moving and moving only a single tile in direction can become frustratingly hard. This of course makes me fear the same issue is going to be present in any other area outside the city. So I came here hoping that somebody had some advice on thing to try that may help.

Things I've noted along the way:
-The issue is not at all present during battles or in menus that take up the entire screen
-Most indoor areas run perfectly fine, I've had no issues inside caves and houses
-I've played other pokemon fan games recently that were also on the RPG Maker XP engine and they had similar issues, although none as severe as this one

Things I've tried that have had no effect:
-Setting priority to high in task manager (there's plenty of memory and CPU left)
-Playing around with in game options (screen size, screen border, turning off backup)
-The good old turning it off and on again (both PC and game)
-Making sure nothing else is running in the background
-Looking around the forums for anyone with similar problems, closest I've found is 

But in this case the main problem seemed to be battle performance, which is luckily absolutely fine for me.

My PC's specs (it is a laptop but is able to run pretty much all games without too many issues, getting a desktop is not really an option for me)
Model: Asus TUF Gaming
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3750H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx (8 CPU's), ~2.3GHz
Memory: 16384 MB RAM
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

I really hope anyone has any ideas, I really want to explore Byxbysion but it's gonna take a million years since I keep moving further in one direction than I want to :P

Other than this though, this game has been phenomenal, the story, the battles, the music (oh god the music), the world, it's all been fantastic!