Pokemon Xenoverse Review

Hey everybody, this is the time about review of Pokemon Xenoverse because. I decided to tell you what I did. 😁

I played with my favourite starter Trishout. First I bought many Poke Balls and I really tried to catch every Pokemons in this region, including X Pokemons. So I did the journey on fighting many trainers. First, I got used to Trishout's Earth form. That was short time because after defeating X Gengar, I made on journey to obtain Xenoverse form for Trishout and I have to admit. This form is really good for Trishout because of this appearance but sucks because of the ability Solar Power and having Sp. Attack stat lower than Attack stat. After I defeated every gym leaders, I fought Team Dimension and their leader. And went on adventure in Xenoverse Dimension, in every hopes of defeating Dragalisk. That was worrisome until Luxflon appeared and defeated without being hurt and with one hit. The third round was quite endeavor for me against Dragalisk and I defeated it. After, I fought :

Spoiler

Vakuum, the fusion of Luxflon and Dragalisk.

I fought it with my Trishout in his true form. Well after that, I really saw Trey's determination to risk his life in order to defeat Dragalisk. Next, I fought the Cardinals and defeated the champion only with my Trishout. After, I tried to complete the Pokedex and Xenodex by catching many remaining pokemons.

And I completed them both. And now, I'm trying to register many pokemons in Vintagedex. But it looks like it will take for long time. Just my luck... 😠

That game was really impresive with many features that are exclusive. Overall, the story sounds more realistic for the experience.

That's it. I hope you enjoyed reading.

12 hours ago, RocketOSullivan said:

Those cardinals are arguably the dopest Elite 4 I ever fought. Do you know if there is a way to rematch the League ? Doesn't seem so unfortunately, which makes me absolutely gutted.

ATM no there isn't sadly. I really dug their Tapus and designs, ice girl was the trickiest for me actually. Man screw that ski mon lol.

As I thought... And do you think we could hope any update for the postgame in the future ? The game is great but the postgame is poor unfortunately. I would love to have access to the Dragon guy's tower and the Ice girl's house, could make a great sidequest for catching the Tapus, before a great rematch at the Mt Zodiac.

Edited by RocketOSullivan

14 hours ago, Dark Champion said:

Is Xenoverse any good? ive been wondering if i should play it...

It's one of the best pokemon fangames I've played, DEFINITELY recommend. 

Also it's a CRIME Equinox Village's music isn't on youtube. One of the few tracks not uploaded and I wonder why? It's beautiful.

Speaking of beautiful, I love Dragalisk's battle theme. It reminds me of Megaman X4-5 a bit during the piano part at 1:22

I think Trishout is my favorite starter of the 3.  

Spoiler

I like its 2nd form more than the 3rd one design wise, as I think its 3rd form is the least appealing of the 3 starters. But its final form is easily the coolest and a beast too. 

Just now, RocketOSullivan said:

Also in the Victory Road there is a path where the access is denied by three scientists (not the Ho-Oh one, the other one), do you know if there is a way to unlock it ?

Defeat the Champion.

1 minute ago, RocketOSullivan said:

I did it (only once, as you can't do it twice), and I also defeated that strong guy in the Aurora Den, I think there is another requirement. I also noticed they both share a name beginning by X-, maybe that is a hint ?

Then catch Dielebi.

I did it as well, are you sure you don't talk about the Ho-Oh sidequest ? There are two pathways initially locked before defeating the Champion, I already managed to unlock the one for Ho-Oh, but those three scientists still stand in front of the other way.

Edited by RocketOSullivan

4 minutes ago, RocketOSullivan said:

I did it as well, are you sure you don't talk about the Ho-Oh sidequest ? There are two pathways initially locked before defeating the Champion, I already managed to unlock the one for Ho-Oh, but those three scientists still stand in front of the other way.

I only concentrated on catching every legendaries after defeating the champion, catching Dielebi and registering every pokemons.

I was geeking out at the dlc. Though admittedly I found the whole DLC BATTLE PASS stuff a bit unnecessary(and I feel like it could get Weedle in legal trouble if it gave implication of making money which it's not) but I understand it's done to mimic the actual games and how dlc would be announced. I just hope the additional stuff adds E4 rematches too.

I'm curious about the other project Weedle has in store. Honestly I feel they're good enough to able to do something of their own IP and actually profit off it you know? 

On my second playthrough and there is only one negative thing I have to say. My first playthrough was in classic mode (regular exp gain) and I found the grind for levels really hard as there are no trainer rematches and the wild pokes are pretty low level compared to the trainers so gaining levels takes a long time. On my current playthrough I then decided to use modern mode (every team member gains exp after battle) and now the game is too easy, just finished the 6th gym and my team was like 5 levels over the gym leader. Being able to switch modes would really help but afaik that's not possible, but some balancing would be really nice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CaptainMetal said:

On my second playthrough and there is only one negative thing I have to say. My first playthrough was in classic mode (regular exp gain) and I found the grind for levels really hard as there are no trainer rematches and the wild pokes are pretty low level compared to the trainers so gaining levels takes a long time. On my current playthrough I then decided to use modern mode (every team member gains exp after battle) and now the game is too easy, just finished the 6th gym and my team was like 5 levels over the gym leader. Being able to switch modes would really help but afaik that's not possible, but some balancing would be really nice.

So modern mode it's just like the actual games in that it makes it too easy? Lol. But yeah they should probably balance it more.

Honestly I don't feel classic mode was that bad after the 4th gym leader once you get the lucky egg(in fact I found it pretty easy to grind once you hit the ghost town), but before that it's kind of tough to raise up low level mons. 

I changed my mind. I played that Furious Battle against X Greninja. I must defeat it to obtain. Yet, I did. I even registered many other Pokemons without missing something. But they have nothing to do with Pokedex request, neither X Greninja. X Greninja is more different than regular Greninja. Even if their types are different, X Greninja has better offensive stats, being a bit faster and better movepool than regular. Plus, instead of learning Water Shuriken, it learns Fire Kunai. I think that’s the case due to the nature of its appearance. Well, I like X Greninja better. That’s all I know.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all, this game looks amazing. I tried looking it up and got taken to a lot of SKETCHY sites. Tried going to the website above and downloaded from the least sketchy site and it was just a set up thing. Any advice? I'd appreciate it!