Please rate my team. All advice is welcomed.

Jayden

Ok so it's the first time I'm posting something around here and interact with other fans so I'll just get to the point.

I'm no novice to pokemon but pokemon reborn is the hardest pokemon game I played so far  and I think that episode 19 will be the hardest ever. I forced Adrienn and Hardy to struggle, Titania was a nightmare and I got lucky on Amaria so I'd like it if some people could review my new team (shifted my team around a bit lately) and give some advice.

Here goes:

Blaziken lv. 90 

Ability: speed boost

Nature and EVs: adamant, 252 attack,  252 speed

Held item: wide lens (to increase accuracy)

Moveset: 

Blaze kick

Sky uppercut

Stone edge (flying coverage)

Bulk up

Ampharos lv. 90 

Ability: Static

Nature and EVs: modest, 252 Sp.attack, 252 HP

Held item: wise glasses (increase Sp.attack)

Moveset: 

Discharge

Power gem

Light screen

Signal beam

Vanilluxe lv. 90

Ability: Snow warning

Nature and EVs: timid, 252 Sp.attack, 252 HP

Held item: nevermelt ice

Moveset:

Ice beam

Blizzard

Flash cannon (rock coverage)

Sheer cold

Swampert lv. 89

Ability: Torrent

Nature and EVs: Brave, 252 attack, 252 HP

Held item: rindo berry (decreasing grass damage)

Moveset: 

Earthquake

Ice punch (grass coverage)

Surf

Waterfall

Klefki lv. 90

Ability: Prankster

Nature and EVs: Calm, 252 defense, 252 Sp.defense

Held  item: none

Moveset:

Dazzling gleam

Flash cannon

Spikes

Toxic

Hydreigon lv. 90

Ability: Levitate

Nature and EVs: Timid, 252 defense, 252 Sp.defense

Held item: roseli berry (decreasing fairy damage)

Moveset:

Dragon pulse

Fly (bug and fighting coverage)

Dark pulse

Flash cannon (steel and fairy coverage)

Any kind of advice regarding movepools, abilities, natures, EV training or held items is welcome and appreciated

You do not need surf on Swampert the way it's EVed. I suggest giving it power up punch or rock slide instead. I would say put screens on the Klefki and light clay as the item. For moves to change I'd say spikes is not needed as much against the AI. Also make your Hydreigon offensive since it only has attacking moves.  

When playing through Reborn (and then later Rejuv) I found it alot easier to build a box of Pokemon up and EV train them in order to have flexibility. My rule of thumb is to have atleast 2 mons of each type with a mix of utility between each mon. This makes it easier for me to prep for the next gym because I can choose a team from those pokemon, level them to the cap, and then go into the gym constantly editing my strategy with different teams. It's a pain to get started but it allows for me to use pokemon that I've never used in a playthrough before and also be able to challenge gyms and content without a large amount of difficulty (there still is some though because Reborn).

Off of that train of thought:
I would suggest a Metagross (definitely one of the stars of my playthrough since I caught him)
Roserade, Venusaur or anyother Grass/Poison type would serve you well

I think having at least these 2 pokemon would be nice for you to have and make 19 a little easier

I presume that Hydreigon is EV'd in Sp.Atk instead of Sp.Def, and I would probably swap out Fly for a different coverage move (I dont remember if we have access to flamethrower, but i think either that or surf would slot in nicely). 

Hope this helped!

I think you miss 2 things in the team: speed control (except blaziken) and set up/terrain change/screens control. With your team i'd go with trick room for the speed control. Klefky with screens and misty terrain(light clay) for the rest. I'd delete sheer cold and ice beam from vanilluxe and change with acid armor and mirror coat (if you want it speedy you can change it's ability with weak armor and delete blizzard for ice beam or liofilization). For hydreigon i support the others too, make it a special atk beast and change fly for surf or flamethrower.

1. I second RebornFan7's recommendation that Surf doesn't fit Swampert's build. Rock Slide is a good suggestion. Stealth Rock might also help depending on the battle. I also agree with the Klefki recommendation.
  2. Freeze Dry is IMO better than Ice Beam on Vanilluxe as it lets it hit Water types super-effectively. Blizzard is more than enough for raw damage. Life orb/Choice Specs for even more power.
  3. Ampharos could be made a mega if you want it to be fully offensive.
  4. Klefki has a low HP base stat. So it might be more efficient to max the HP EVs and distribute the remaining between the Def and Sp. Def stats. Also I would favour Foul Play over Flash Cannon.
  5. Roseli berry on Hydreigon doesn't help much considering its 4x weakness. I would go with Dragonium-Z and Draco Meteor (over Fly) for the added power. Even Dragon Pulse can be replaced for some coverage move.
  6. I also concur with Motorteo about the speed level of the team. 1 option is to outright replace 1 member if favour of a mon with high speed.

On 4/21/2021 at 5:00 PM, EmperorNova said:

When playing through Reborn (and then later Rejuv) I found it alot easier to build a box of Pokemon up and EV train them in order to have flexibility. My rule of thumb is to have atleast 2 mons of each type with a mix of utility between each mon. This makes it easier for me to prep for the next gym because I can choose a team from those pokemon, level them to the cap, and then go into the gym constantly editing my strategy with different teams. It's a pain to get started but it allows for me to use pokemon that I've never used in a playthrough before and also be able to challenge gyms and content without a large amount of difficulty (there still is some though because Reborn).

Off of that train of thought:
I would suggest a Metagross (definitely one of the stars of my playthrough since I caught him)
Roserade, Venusaur or anyother Grass/Poison type would serve you well

I think having at least these 2 pokemon would be nice for you to have and make 19 a little easier

I presume that Hydreigon is EV'd in Sp.Atk instead of Sp.Def, and I would probably swap out Fly for a different coverage move (I dont remember if we have access to flamethrower, but i think either that or surf would slot in nicely). 

Hope this helped!

Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a try when I start playing Rejuvenation. I'll try to figure out what to EV train my Metagross and Venusaur myself.

On 4/21/2021 at 5:34 PM, Motorteo said:

I think you miss 2 things in the team: speed control (except blaziken) and set up/terrain change/screens control. With your team i'd go with trick room for the speed control. Klefky with screens and misty terrain(light clay) for the rest. I'd delete sheer cold and ice beam from vanilluxe and change with acid armor and mirror coat (if you want it speedy you can change it's ability with weak armor and delete blizzard for ice beam or liofilization). For hydreigon i support the others too, make it a special atk beast and change fly for surf or flamethrower.

On 4/21/2021 at 2:58 PM, RebornFan7 said:

You do not need surf on Swampert the way it's EVed. I suggest giving it power up punch or rock slide instead. I would say put screens on the Klefki and light clay as the item. For moves to change I'd say spikes is not needed as much against the AI. Also make your Hydreigon offensive since it only has attacking moves.  

On 4/21/2021 at 6:05 PM, Progfan_r said:
  1. I second RebornFan7's recommendation that Surf doesn't fit Swampert's build. Rock Slide is a good suggestion. Stealth Rock might also help depending on the battle. I also agree with the Klefki recommendation.
  2. Freeze Dry is IMO better than Ice Beam on Vanilluxe as it lets it hit Water types super-effectively. Blizzard is more than enough for raw damage. Life orb/Choice Specs for even more power.
  3. Ampharos could be made a mega if you want it to be fully offensive.
  4. Klefki has a low HP base stat. So it might be more efficient to max the HP EVs and distribute the remaining between the Def and Sp. Def stats. Also I would favour Foul Play over Flash Cannon.
  5. Roseli berry on Hydreigon doesn't help much considering its 4x weakness. I would go with Dragonium-Z and Draco Meteor (over Fly) for the added power. Even Dragon Pulse can be replaced for some coverage move.
  6. I also concur with Motorteo about the speed level of the team. 1 option is to outright replace 1 member if favour of a mon with high speed.

Thanks for the advice. I'll get to improving my team.

Add in Protect on Blaziken. I would cut Bulk Up personally.

Start off with Protect to gain speed boost for free.

Would also suggest Stealth Rocks on Swampert instead of Surf. ANd max HP/Def EVs instead of Atk. He has great base stats, so utilize his defense and base attack and he'll be far more useful for you.

Last gym ins Dragon, there's definitely a Dragonite in there so Stealth Rock will be useful. Also, Whimsicott is incredible. Prankster and give it Tailwind, perhaps a terrain move and you have an amazing utility mon in your team.

Sylveon, too. Screens, Wish, strong offense in Hyper Voice. Very solid for the last gym.