Supernatural Insane Asylum {Join in whenever you like}

Skullkin

"Science doesn't have all the answers...Some things just can't be explained with numbers and formulas..." Skull murmured with a sigh, speaking half to himself. The vampire flicked his gaze back to the human as he cringed from the pain the parasite was putting him in. "Tell you what, if this plan of yours fails, then you will not only find a way to break the link between the two of you and my powers, but if you by some miracle retain your job as an orderly, you will come down once a month or week--depending on how good of a circulatory system you have--and allow me to steal a pint or two. Then we'll have a deal." the vampire replied as he continued to watch the mortal squirm with an emotionless gaze. He awkwardly pointed to the black veins with his free hand, "I don't have to carry one of those around in my veins, do I?"

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He awkwardly pointed to the black veins with his free hand, "I don't have to carry one of those around in my veins, do I?"

"That's how his power works," Cedric retorted, beginning to take his leave. "I'll be back eventually with yours. Need to see what other wonders this ward holds first."

As he returned to surveying the cells, Cedric shook his head briefly. The donating blood part he could do, but breaking the bond was completely out of his hands. He was sure his vampire friend wouldn't be too fond of knowing that, thus he decided to keep it quiet.

All this trouble to pursue, more or less, being fired from a job he demanded he be a part of, Cedric was regretting his career choice slowly. He should have went to law-school instead.

(( That's all I got for tonight, need to work some other projects lol. Besides, at this point, Cedric is just waiting for others in Ward C and Finch is just waiting for Cedric to return. So works pretty well. ))

I took one last look at the rune on the wall and smirked. Well, he did say they're here to contain my powers, I thought to myself. I continued scratching at the wall with the metal gloves, causing the metal to rub harshly against the blisters that had formed from hours of the same motion. I gritted my teeth and kept sawing at the rune, trying desperately to alter it. They didn't have runes this complex or durable in Ward B. I looked up as the orderly passed my cell, his footsteps clanging on the thin metal tiles that lined the floor of the institution. Well, I suppose now is better than never...

"Hey, orderly! I'm starving over here!"

Yes, we are rather hungry right now. We require... sustenance...

Which voice are you?

"Which voice?" isn't the proper question. "Who?" would be much more appropriate.

"Hey, orderly! I'm starving over here!"

Cedric turned at the noise, facing what appeared to be a water elemental, though the absence of water in the air was notable. "I'm sorry," Cedric started, flipping through his clipboard. "I'm not typically schedule to be up here so I don't really know what to give you."

Plucking the cigarette from his mouth, he dragged the ash along the wall of the cell, diminished the fire. "Though you could tell me what you eat. Along with whatever else you may wish to share."

I looked blankly at the orderly.

Water.

What?

Tell him we need water.

I thought to myself for a moment. Why am I listening to this voice? "I need water." There's something different about this one. "I need water, orderly." What else do we need?

Nothing.

I looked up at the orderly and smiled. "I said I need water. What are you, deaf?" I laughed and began scraping my gloves on the bars, making a hideous scraping noise. I turned my attention back to the voice momentarily.

Fine. Who are you?

Consider me your "wild side." I'm the other you.

"I said I need water. What are you, deaf?"

"Water, huh?" Cedric said, eyeing the elemental up and down. "I guess that makes sense. I'm no expert on elementals but isn't water also your source of power? Wouldn't I just be making you stronger?"

"Water, huh?" Cedric said, eyeing the elemental up and down. "I guess that makes sense. I'm no expert on elementals but isn't water also your source of power? Wouldn't I just be making you stronger?"

That's the point, yes. But we can't tell him that. Tell him it's all you can eat.

"It's actually all I can eat. Vampires drink blood, vegans eat... something... and elementals eat their element. Now can I get some fuckin' water?

I couldn't fuckin' believe I kept listening to the voice. But it made so much sense. It had an answer to everything. But how is this gonna help? We still have the gloves on.

You can't use your abilities without any water. We'll worry about the gloves after this buffoon leaves.

I can't believe I'm fuckin' trusting a word outta your goddamn mouth. What did you mean by my "wild side" anyway?

All in due time. But for now, just listen to the orderly.

"It's actually all I can eat. Vampires drink blood, vegans eat... something... and elementals eat their element. Now can I get some fuckin' water?

Cedric paused for a moment, moving only to jot down a quick note before returning to reality. "Well, like I said, this isn't really my ward so I'm not authorized to do anything. I'm just here to...scout potential escapees."

Leaning against the opposite wall, he noticed the dehumidifier sitting the corner of the cell. Cedric gestured to the device with his pen. "Though I might be persuaded to tweak that thing just a little for you. To slowly drain the battery without the other orderlies noticing."

Leaning against the opposite wall, he noticed the dehumidifier sitting the corner of the cell. Cedric gestured to the device with his pen. "Though I might be persuaded to tweak that thing just a little for you. To slowly drain the battery without the other orderlies noticing."

Ask what he wants, fool! We can't ignore this opportunity.

Call me a fuckin' "fool" again and you'll be ignoring a lot of opportunities in the near future, I thought to myself as I slowly scraped my gloves along the wall of the cell. "Why would you fuckin' help me? Is this a trick?" I retorted, spiteful of the cryptic voice in my head. How's that for "askin' what he wants?" I thought at the voice.

At least you're on the right path. I suppose with your somewhat limited ability to plan our escape, that should make me ecstatic.

Why are you just now talking to me? Who are you? Is this place just driving me insane?

I'm insulted that you think of us as "Insane." But I suppose I must have something for you to call me. Let's go with Pisces.

Like the fish?

Like the constellation, buffoon. See what he wants.

"Why would you fuckin' help me? Is this a trick?"

"I'm not even sure myself," Cedric chuckled. "But honestly, who wants to be trapped in this hell hole? I had no say in coming to this place, and I have no say in leaving. I just figure with the right type of....power, some of us might just stand a chance."

He hesitated as he thought on the previous encounters with Finch and the vampire. "Others are willing, so could you..."

Edited by Thielt

Others?

He means other inmates. That's probably why he took so long at the vampire's cell.

This had better not fuck us over, Pisces.

Do you want to leave this hellhole within your lifetime? I'd suggest you go along with it if you do. At least for now.

"I'm listenin' to whatever shit you're about to spew my way, orderly. But I'm gonna need some fuckin' water at some point. I'm fuckin' dyin' over here." I threw my head back and laughed as though delirious from thirst. "So who the fuck is plannin' to split? I wanna know who the idiot with the stones to use an orderly as a fuckin' message boy is."

Play nice. At least until we're out of this cell.

"I wanna know who the idiot with the stones to use an orderly as a fuckin' message boy is."

"Right...Message boy...Anyways, his name is Finch, an inmate down in Ward A. That's all I can say; that's all I know. Just like everybody else here, he likes to keep secrets." Cedric replied.

"As for how, I'm not sure either. I was just told to recruit the strongest and...well whoever is willing and we'll go from there. Is that enough for you?"

"Right...Message boy...Anyways, his name is Finch, an inmate down in Ward A. That's all I can say; that's all I know. Just like everybody else here, he likes to keep secrets." Cedric replied.

"As for how, I'm not sure either. I was just told to recruit the strongest and...well whoever is willing and we'll go from there. Is that enough for you?"

Yes, it's enough. Tell him.

Fine. But I don't like it, I thought angrily back at Pisces. He could get pretty fuckin' annoying pretty fuckin' fast. "We- I'll help you guys out. What do you need from me?"

• 2 weeks later...

"We- I'll help you guys out. What do you need from me?"

"It's simple. All I need is..." Cedric paused for a moment, looking the elemental up and down. Would the parasite even work on this creature? He questioned. I mean, he doesn't have veins. What would it bond with?"

"All you need to do is sit tight for now, maybe cause some trouble every so often just to keep the orderlies off of myself. I'll talk to Finch when I can and he'll tell me whatever he has planned."

With that, Cedric turned to take his leave, debating whether or not to scout for other possible allies or return to Ward A.

(( Sorry for the long wait in reply, got called away for some military training I didn't realize I signed up for and was preoccupied with that for the last week or so. Would have gave some kind of a heads up had I known... ))

Edited by Thielt

With that, Cedric turned to take his leave, debating whether or not to scout for other possible allies or return to Ward A.

THE WATER!

"Hey orderly!" I shouted through the bars. "Could ya kindly get me my fuckin' water now? I'm literally dyin' over here!" I smirked inwardly. I felt Pisces agreeing with me through... whatever the fuck kinda link that psycho had to me. I continued to scrape my metal gauntlets against the wall, doing my best to weaken the goddamned restraints on my abilities to the point where I could actually manage to cause some trouble. My wrists started chafing against the steel on my hands. Nobody makes me bleed my own blood... I thought to myself, cursing those FUCKERS who'd locked me in here.

Wait. Keep making your bonds chafe.

Why?

Because your ichor is mostly made of water. If it gets inside the locks while it's still connected to you, then you may have a chance to get at least a hand out.

I think we're gonna be good friends, Pisces.

All I've ever wanted is to be involved with our life. Now keep scraping.

And I fuckin' listened. I kept moving the bonds against the walls, my wrists getting more and more raw.

Edited by Jory

• 3 weeks later...

Ward B or C(need clarification on this part)
((we need people to play as doctors/Nurses as well...))

"Nurse, please read me the file on..." The doctor was soon interrupted by a blonde haired woman. She had a physique of a military officer, her back erect, hair tightly put up in a bun, lips pursed in a small smile. "Rowen Evans. Age, 18. Species, Unknown, but he is half blood elf, fourth warlock and a fourth human. Abilities, Sangromancy as primary attributes, Necromancy as secondary. Intellect, superb for his age. Such a pity, his passion, second best for the urge to kill, would have taken the field of astrophysics and Quantum Theory to a new level of understanding. Physical, weak, ectomorph to say the least. Mental stability, functional in society. He's a sociopath, pathological liar, manipulator and a tad bit narcissistic. He is able to function perfect in society. Reason for being institutionalized, we have recorded about 36 deaths of random civilians over the years, most likely the count is higher than that. His passion to kill is what got him caught, he was careless on his last victim, he left traces of his mana from the ritual he performed..." The voice of the Nurse soon drifted as Rowen smirked at the description he got, it was fairly accurate, except for the last part, he purposely left his mana signature linger at his crime scene, something told him he had to be caught, that he had to meet a certain someone. Who told him this? The spirits of course, and the spirits never lie.

But they were correct on everything else they mentioned, a tied up Rowen laid still, smirking like a manic to himself. He enjoyed the act of taking another life away, it excited him. People tend to say he is a monster, but they don't understand. No one does. The urge to kill, if someone has it, is strong, that lingering curiosity can only be diminished and kept control for so long. When he was 15, he couldnt help it, the urge over powered him.(Switching to first person, realizing itll be easier to write) So my first victim was my father, who was half warlock and half human. I remember clearly how I did it. It was my first use of magic on another person. Since most sangromancers have to be monitored and controlled, due to the access of blood and who it belongs to are detriments to the power. If it comes from some one else, the spell diminishes in power, but if its their own, it amplifies, but the craze that happens, it makes the use of the owners blood more demanding. Luckily, I was able to control that urge, well, my outlet was on my father. I was able to take control of his body by stabbing the middle part of both my palms, chanting something light. I remember the strands of blood red mana stretching from my hands into my father's body, oh seeing the shock in his eyes was worth it. His form of death was amusing. I chuckled at the thought of what I made him do. He ate himself. I started off small and at the feet. Everytime I severed a limb, I made my father heal his wounds to prevent blood loss. Eventually, when I got past his stomach, it was pointless to do any more, since the body parts would have no were to go anymore. So to see him squirm, I just slit his throat and hanged him like a wild animal and watched him be drained of blood. My first kill, was marvelous. I couldn't help it, I left a maniacal cackle escape, but this costed me to daze out again, still tied up.

Skull awoke with a jostle from his nap as he heard voices echoing down the hall; voices that belonged to the doctors, he realized with a low growl rumbling in his throat. He watched in silence as a newcomer was dragged down the hall to a nearby cell and tossed in. The two orderlies then locked the door shut and left, leaving just the two other doctors that were talking to one another before in the darkness of the C ward. The vampire casually scanned the mind of this newcomer; apparently his name was Rowen, and he was a...sangromancer? This greatly interested Skull, his inner beast already stirring at the thought of the possibilities...so long as the humans hadn't done anything to restrict his powers just yet. The vampire's heart sank; they had probably carved the half-elf's room with runes to nullify his blood magic already.

Rowen remained on the ground, not noticing the loitering silhouette near him, fluxing his mana through his body. For some reason, it felt different. The usual easy flow of mana in his blood seemed disconnected. He tried to release his mana through a simple incantation. It was suppose to create ropes bound by the casters mana, but the mana didn't flow and form at all. 'Huh, why the hell is my Sangromancy nullified?' Rowen thoughts became dismal with the frustration of not feeling complete. With a second thought, he tried to connect his aether string to the astral plane. With a sigh of relief, he was able to sense the presence of the astral plane, and it's flow of energy. Luckily his necromancy wasn't subdued, even though it wouldn't help him much. Being the lazy person he was, he projected his aether out of his body to examine his surroundings, he saw what to be another person that was residing with him. He saw the curious glance the person was giving, but ignored the person, forging a summary of the person as worthless, sensing the amount of aether in the person to be low.

Casting aside the other person, he tried to venture out of the room, but for some queer oddity, his astral form started to dissolve, and next thing that happened, Rowen was jolted back into his body. With a sharp intake of air, Rowen sprang to life and looked around in sweat. Why couldn't his sangromancy work? Why was his necromatic powers so limited? He knew that the energy sources of his two abilities were separate, one using mana, and blood, while the other used the aether around himself and in nature to project things through and forth from the real world, astral plane, and spiritual world. He looked back to the person before him and gazed into it's eyes.

"Who are you?" Rowen said with a blunt tone, tilting his head in curiosity. "And why the hell od my powers not work."

((I kinda figured that the blonde nurse was one of your characters, so I left her alone.))

Skull smirked and rolled his eyes; it was the same reaction that every newbie gave. //My name is Skull, and you are sitting in Ward C of the Laurel Cliff Asylum--the ward for the worst of the worst, the damned and demonic, the bloodthirsty and callous. Welcome to purgatory, childe.// the vampire telepathically sneered from the dark corner of his cell. He lightly tapped his long, black talon against the carved markings in the wall. //Runes. Hundreds of them. They sap your powers so that you aren't a threat to the mortal orderlies who patrol these halls. If it weren't for these Ra-damned carvings, I would've summoned up my undead familiars and painted these halls with both human and non-human blood ages ago.// Skull growled into the half-elf's mind, his eyes a glow with bloodlust. Slowly shaking his head back and forth with a sigh, the vampire leaned his head against the wall of runes and idly began scratching at the markings again. //So what's your story, kid?//

(I'll progress on her later)

Rowen sat, listening to the male before him. Interested, Rowen finally saw who this male, Skull, was. A Vampire. Such a rare oddity. How an undead has aether reside in them to convey them with life, but being able to still life force form others. 'Hmm.' Speculations began to process though Rowen's mind. The reason why vampires had to feed, despite being claimed undead-like, was due to the low amounts of Aether in their system. So they have to gain that life force from somewhere, interesting. With a small grin Rowen thought to himself, 'Tch, people thinking they suck blood, pfft, most likely they absorb the Aether that resides in the blood. But this is all speculation. Oh the wonders and questions I could ask, but I do not want to stifle with such trifles.'

"My name is Rowen, Rowen Evans." Rowen proclaimed, noting that he didn't have to say anything, observing the male creature in front of him with scrutinizing eyes.

Apparently, there was markings that absorbed, or nullified magic, or the flow of energy. 'But how come the Aether wasn't absorbed but was dissolved back into my body past so long.' Rowen's brows creased together as a curious glaze crept of his eyes. Rowen didn't miss the misinterpretation Skull made. Apparently, Skull was going to say something else besides damned carvings, but what.

"Quick question. How come you telepathy isn't nullified, or my ability to project Aether? Are only some abilities nullified, or just the dangerous ones? Or does it just stop the flow of mana from beings that poses magical abilities?" So many questions, but would this person know such answers? Rowen was getting frustrated with such thoughts flooding his mind. Oh how he hated his mind for processing thoughts so fast. A contempt sigh left before he scratched his side and looked back up at the vampire.

"My story? You're gonna have to be more specific on that. What do you want to know? How and why I got here? What I do? My powers? MY past relations? What?

((Lol, no. Vampires, the way I play them, do not drink blood because they lack aether or whatever. I play my vampires loosely off of the lore of Vampire: the Masquerade, where they are in fact undead and drink blood in order to pacify their inner "beast", so that they don't lose control of themselves and go into a blood-deprived frenzy. If you want, you could look the game up; it's really fun and interesting.))

//I believe each C Ward cell is only carved with the symbols required to block the powers that the humans know that you have. So if they are unaware you can chat telepathically to others, they won't have those specific runes carved into your cell before they bring you in. And personally, I'd like to keep my telepathy a secret from them, if you'd mind.// Skull replied caustically, struggling to get more of his body free from the straitjacket. Hearing the man's thoughts on vampires, he lightly rolled his eyes. Clearly the man didn't know half as much about vampires as he thought he did. But it made sense to Skull; after all, how on earth would an elf be able to know what it was like having that bloodthirsty creature living inside their skin, driving its host insane with hunger?

Skull didn't bother to correct Rowen; the guy didn't need to know, and the Setite didn't feel like explaining. //Yes, I know. You can tell me whatever you'd like about yourself. I'm interested in how you managed to get caught by these thugs.//

• 2 years later...

((Ah, I remember this rp, back when Skull was a vampire and not a demon. Good times...

Don't suppose anyone would want to necro this thread with me? It had so much potential...))

Edited by Skullkin

You'll forgive me if I seem crass by just posting without doing an OOC. I feel like at this point in time the story would benefit more from being revitalized in a new thread following the current forum format, rather than simply picking it up where it left off. It has been three years after all.

Yeah, but I was feeling lazy when I posted that.

Think of this as me wondering if there would even be interest in this roleplay if I were to restart it. Or hell, any kind of vampire/werewolf/demon-etc. type roleplay, doesn't even really need to be in an asylum.

Because if there is, I might come back to this forum as a side-hobby, but if not, I'm just going to say screw it and go hang out at the other site I'm Roleplaying at.

Brb, gonna find myself a new gif for my sig.

Aaand I'm back.

Edited by Adamance Ascendant

This seems interesting, may I give it a try? I assume you will make an entirely new thread for this RP as well or would we use this old one? (Still new here so I'm not sure how reviving RPs work if new threads are made or if the original is used). If this is brought back, I think I would like to try out a harpy like character or a doppelganger. I've never done something like that before so that will be fun.

Edited by Okami