Gathering resources for my first project...

[BEFORE ANYTHING, PLEASE HAVE IN MIND THAT ENGLISH IS NOT MY FIRST LANGUAGE, SO EVERYTHING INVOLVED IS A LITTLE BIT HARDER THAN IT SHOULD BE]

Hello! So... Basically, this is just a public statement that I'm a very slow learner and not very good with technology, but yet I want to do this.

Why? Well... Maybe I can, I don't know, become good at something. Anyways...

Trying to be as objective as possible, I just need to ask some questions.

I want to bring my project to life, and I'm almost finished with the planning phase. The plot is already almost all put down to paper, about 90% of the soundtrack has already been chosen, I have names / teams for all of the important characters, I have already decided all of the metagame changes that I want involved and I even have already started some minor in-game things in advance, like the Town Map. I know its still a lot of work there is to come, but for the moment at least, I think I can handle stuff alone, as the major part of it will be imported from external sources.

... And there is where my doubts begin.

Coding: I'm feeling a bit confident about the custom pixel art for characters and alternative Pokémon forms, but it is going to be my very first time at coding. Meanwhile, I saw on some posts from Reborn's Dev Blog that Cassie is (was?) working on an optmized version of Essentials, that hopefully makes things easier to understand and also makes the game perform better. So I got excited and started looking forward to touch this crafting part that I was more afraid of with it... An Essentials made by the Reborn team sounds wounderful because it might already come with the Field Effects and the more complex AI, plus the overworld-affecting mechanics, all of that good stuff, right? Please correct me if I'm wrong, and tell me what I should do to import this kind of metagame data into my project. Of course, I'll be crediting the original developers. Being a little overboard, I was looking forward to some kind of template for new Field Effects in it (I created Field Notes App pages for 3 custom ones up to the moment), wich I know may sound awesome but it is very hard to make... So I understand if something like that is not possible. So some introduction on how to create a Field Effect would also be nice.

Talking about metadata...: I personally dislike the canon games decision to remove some of the moves from battles, so in my project I was thinking of having all of the Pokémon get their Gen 8 movepools in addition to their Gen 7 ones. I know there are already some Gen 8 mods available, but I don't know if this is how they work... As far as I understand, if that is not the case, it all means a lot of editing on the data files, right? Merging both generations moves in the list as level-up, TM, tutor or Egg moves. If someone could show me how to do that for a few times, I even feel like tackling it before any mapping.

Another point of metadata that concerns me is the addition of TMs. They vary between generations, so I was just thinking of merging Gen 7 and 8 for this part again (including the ones from LGPE; my intention is stimulation of good strategizing even in the early game with the sillier ones). All TMs I want are already listed by number, wich made it 175 of them, and a small extra list of about 10 of them for TMXs. I'm also looking for advice on how to make those functional.

If I were to make all in short, I'm just looking for a new friend, that maybe can sit with me on Discord for a while and explain things. I have a lot of free time so I can dedicate myself to it, and eventually, once I get a grasp of everything I can keep on the project without bothering too much.

If you made it this far... Thank you. Have a nice day.

Hint 02.jpg

Hint 03.jpg

• 2 years later...

Might I suggest for all gathering commanders. After getting all the talents that includes gathering, troop load and the other important talents is to focus on march speed. In that way it can go to the rss node much faster and return quicker also. It also like a gathering speed for me.(Can decrease like 1 min or depends on how far the node is) it can also help outran the enemies when you are in kvk (just use t1) and after march speed is focus on defense and health. You can do this if you do not know where you will use your exp books.

Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox

Edited by sikduo