Jump to content
Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.
  • 0

Magic square puzzle


Question

I've been trying to do this for several days now, but to no avail. No videos can really help me because I'm apparently too stupid apparently. My grid looks like:

629      475

134      829

578      316

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
3 hours ago, Aggrin said:

I've been trying to do this for several days now, but to no avail. No videos can really help me because I'm apparently too stupid apparently. My grid looks like:

629      475

134      829

578      316

If you want to upload your save file I can solve if for you.

 

But the puzzle isn't really that difficult. Just follow a few simple rules. First, you want the squares to solve each one row by row, going down. So first you complete the top row of the first square. Then the second row, then the third. Only when the first square is complete should you move on to the next one. Second, You want to do most of your manipulation of position in the second square while you work on the first. What I mean by that is if you have the first row done you want to get the first number of the second row in place in the second square, then move that number into position on the first square. This is to avoid messing up what you've already worked on. Make sure that if you end up having to change ANYTHING in a solved row while manipulating the rest of the puzzle move that number back IMMEDIATELY when you can. Having to go back and correct something you've gotten out of place is a major time waster.

 

Using that method you get one number at a time in place, and avoid messing things up.

 

And critically, when you go to solve the rest of the puzzle you want it to look something like this:

 

294   672

753   159

618   834

 

You want to set it up like this because at the end you will end up with the bottom two numbers on the rightmost column switched, and getting them into the proper order is straightforward in this sort of configuration IIRC.

 

Once you spend a bit of time playing with it you should get it pretty quickly. Actually implementing all of this is a bit time consuming though.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, wcv said:

If you want to upload your save file I can solve if for you.

 

But the puzzle isn't really that difficult. Just follow a few simple rules. First, you want the squares to solve each one row by row, going down. So first you complete the top row of the first square. Then the second row, then the third. Only when the first square is complete should you move on to the next one. Second, You want to do most of your manipulation of position in the second square while you work on the first. What I mean by that is if you have the first row done you want to get the first number of the second row in place in the second square, then move that number into position on the first square. This is to avoid messing up what you've already worked on. Make sure that if you end up having to change ANYTHING in a solved row while manipulating the rest of the puzzle move that number back IMMEDIATELY when you can. Having to go back and correct something you've gotten out of place is a major time waster.

 

Using that method you get one number at a time in place, and avoid messing things up.

 

And critically, when you go to solve the rest of the puzzle you want it to look something like this:

 

294   672

753   159

618   834

 

You want to set it up like this because at the end you will end up with the bottom two numbers on the rightmost column switched, and getting them into the proper order is straightforward in this sort of configuration IIRC.

 

Once you spend a bit of time playing with it you should get it pretty quickly. Actually implementing all of this is a bit time consuming though.

How do you upload save data? I've seen it done a few times on here, but have no idea how to do it myself.

Edited by Aggrin
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
30 minutes ago, Aggrin said:

How do you upload save data? I've seen it done a few times on here, but have no idea how to do it myself.

Here’s the instructions on how to find it:

 

Once you have the file you want just drag and drop it into the add files option when you go to post.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...