Overdue News

Amethyst

• Administrators

So I'm a silly person.

Most of you probably knew this already, but let me just clarify for anyone who hasn't figured it out yet:

I'm a very silly person.

In my latest escapades, I've delayed this news post for a while- because I thought, well, I don't have much to say, so I'll just wait until I have more to say before I actually make the announcement.

Then by the time I had enough to constitute a full news post, I had too much, and procrastinated it.

So silly. Haha. Hee. This is the part where you guys laugh.

The result here is that this is not going to be a terribly informative news post- in that most of it is just the official announcement for things already passed (it is also true that i have forgotten most of what I was originally going to post about, but we can keep that a secret)

So, first up, I'd like to officially announce our new affiliates!

First up, we have Quantum a friendly server on PO with their own fledgling community as well.

Secondly, PokeFiends? an in depth Pokemon Roleplaying community

And finally, The Atlas Pokemon League yet another young server, but currently focusing on 4th gen battling.

At least pay them a visit, say hi, demand tribute bring them cookies, etc!

For the Slowpokes out there, the Reborn League start time has been pushed back to 9:30 EST, one hour earlier than it previously was.

I will also within the next week be declaring a close time, which I apologize for anyone who may not get their turn, but we simply cannot be keeping gym leaders up till five in the morning every night. They have lives too.

In the next week or so I'll be hosting the first of a few certain contests- nothing related to Pokemon Battling, but suffice it to say y'alls may want to tone up on your image editing skills. Certain developments are queued for the site that will launch us further into- Um... Into... Into what.... Into awesomeness. That's what.

Definitely forgetting something, or, seven somethings, but that's basically it for now, I guess.

Silly, silly person.

Hmmm, I'll have to look into PokeFiends. I've only ever tried two Pokemon RP sites with widely different results. The first one had a close knit community and was very creative. People would always post well thought out and detailed posts. Only problem was that people enjoyed making intricate and intereresting characters sooooom much that they would make a character, start them off, then abandon that character to make a new one. They would also get so focused on their new characters that if yours wasn't related or involved with their new characters they would pretty much forget you, too. Which was a problem when trying to get moderators to reply to your posts. Needless to say, no one ever got to the first town with a Gym. Great quality, poor commitment.

Second site was very active and had a small core group with a larger group made of new members always flooding in and people that would come once a week, every day, randomly, etc. So normal people. Moving was fast and there was a well staffed...staff that got people going and moved fast. Plenty of events going on to give you a unique team and people actually got to the first Gym pretty fast. Real problem was the quality of the posters as most of it was beyond sub par. So bad was it in fact that after just two weeks, they promoted me to a moderator because of my posting abilities. So desperate were they for competent members and staff. I easily got overwhelmed as did the rest of the staff, meaning our characters moved really slow. Eventually I couldn't commit the time to the site to be a moderator and left on good terms.

Let's see what this new ally has to offer. Third time is a charm, right? Plus, I could squelch my idea of bringing a Reborn RP setting here. Avoid needless work. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go do some stuff I've been putting off all winter break.

Plus, I could squelch my idea of bringing a Reborn RP setting here.

There is +INF related RP in the server at times if that counts, but that's all that Reborn has going for it aside from a few other things...

Yeah, I keep hearing about it happening, but nothing else. It's like that mysterious hang out you always hear about, but no one knows where it is. Or when it takes place. And everyone is too lazy to pull up Google Maps and find out.

Yeah, I keep hearing about it happening, but nothing else. It's like that mysterious hang out you always hear about, but no one knows where it is. Or when it takes place. And everyone is too lazy to pull up Google Maps and find out.

...Yeah, that's actually a very accurate description of it. It's usually run by Rodaku recently, but when Me or Ice run it, it usually involves more people. Anyways, I don't think it's the most successful RP ever, to be honest...