Breeding in Reborn

PokeGuy96

How does breeding work in Reborn? Tried couple of times but no succes so far.I wan a hippopotas with slack off for my sand team. I looked up and it can breed with slakoth for that. Slakoth learns it at level 9 so no problem until now. I put the both in the daycare hoping I would get a hippopotas egg with slack off right from the bat since it is a female but it didnt happened.It says the dont seem to like each other. So yeah let me know how to get this hippopotas with slack off. Normally you dont need a certain set to beat a pokemon game however Reborn is a bit different and because of this and the fact that it is a sand team and Hippowdon will be super important I need him to have slack off. I mean I could wait until it learns it by level up but it learns it so late I would rather prefer have it from the start even though in the beginning wont be that necesarry.

32 minutes ago, PokeGuy96 said:

It says the dont seem to like each other.

This means that the breeding rate is low. This is because the 2 mons are of different species, the same egg group, and the same original trainer.

From what you have written, it looks like you have done everything right, but you're not getting an egg. Am I understanding right? Or are you getting a Hippopotas egg, but it doesn't have Slack Off?

If its the former, you just need to be patient. Put the mons in the day care, use the game speed-up button, and use a bicycle in front of the day care man. If the direction the day care man is facing has changed, it means that he has an egg. Also get the Oval Charm if you don't have it already, as it increases the breeding rate. I also believe there is a mod available that can eliminate the wait time for getting an egg.

• Upvote 1

Definitely get the mod imo. The only thing it does is giving you instant breeding and hatching, sparing time, but the results are the same as a normal breeding (so, no real cheat, just a spare of your time).
Process seems fine. I also recommend getting curse (egg moves can be passed by both parents here, so, you chain it), since def and atk are really high already.
speedbreed

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Progfan_r said:

This means that the breeding rate is low. This is because the 2 mons are of different species, the same egg group, and the same original trainer.

From what you have written, it looks like you have done everything right, but you're not getting an egg. Am I understanding right? Or are you getting a Hippopotas egg, but it doesn't have Slack Off?

If its the former, you just need to be patient. Put the mons in the day care, use the game speed-up button, and use a bicycle in front of the day care man. If the direction the day care man is facing has changed, it means that he has an egg. Also get the Oval Charm if you don't have it already, as it increases the breeding rate. I also believe there is a mod available that can eliminate the wait time for getting an egg.

I am not getting any egg thats the problem. I moved around for about half an hour and no egg. Tried same species breeding and got an egg very fast I only moved around for couple of minutes.Ok so I just need to be patient.Hope it doesnt take too long though.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 1l4r10 said:

Definitely get the mod imo. The only thing it does is giving you instant breeding and hatching, sparing time, but the results are the same as a normal breeding (so, no real cheat, just a spare of your time).
Process seems fine. I also recommend getting curse (egg moves can be passed by both parents here, so, you chain it), since def and atk are really high already.
speedbreed

Oh ok thanks. Didnt knew such a mod exists. I already use sandbox but it only has instant hatching.This one seems better when it comes to breeding.

Ok tried breeding a chimchar with thunderpunch by breeding a female infernape and a male electabuzz got an egg from them faster than I expected. Dont know why the other 2 dont want to breed but know that Ik for sure it works I just need to be patient.

Also the chimchar is female quite a surprise as usually chimchar has a way higher chance of being a male. 

Edited by PokeGuy96