[Solved] Unable To Start GAme

TwilightCoda

• Administrators

Okay I don't Mac so I'm a little vague on the details here and we're kind of just taking guesses

Apparently Mac doesn't like opening files from "unidentified developers" so to help this you can try

1. Moving the game to applications folder
  2. Open applications and right click on the game, select Open (as opposed to opening by double clicking)
  3. There should be a prompt that asks if you're very sure you want to open this file just in case you were having second thoughts since a moment before
  4. Say yes and hopefully it works???

This is very much a shot in the dark, but hoping it makes a difference because I've little information otherwise-- unless perhaps there's some kind of a More details thing?

1 hour ago, Amethyst said:

Okay I don't Mac so I'm a little vague on the details here and we're kind of just taking guesses

Apparently Mac doesn't like opening files from "unidentified developers" so to help this you can try

1. Moving the game to applications folder
  2. Open applications and right click on the game, select Open (as opposed to opening by double clicking)
  3. There should be a prompt that asks if you're very sure you want to open this file just in case you were having second thoughts since a moment before
  4. Say yes and hopefully it works???

This is very much a shot in the dark, but hoping it makes a difference because I've little information otherwise-- unless perhaps there's some kind of a More details thing?

Just popping by to say all that you mentioned is how it should open! (albeit, I didn't need to move the game to Applications)

• Administrators

@SilentAge

hey okay so we got a chance to try it on a mac machine for ourselves, and allow me to be the first to say, i hate Apple so much

we got it to work in a stupid way-- by putting it on a flash drive, and running it off of there, as opposed to running it on the computer's hard drive. in fact, after that it worked even on the hard drive. 

this is probably some kind of stupid security issue. idk. 

any chance you can try this dumb work around for us? 

we tested this on catalina too 

@Amethyst That worked. I still had to right click and open it manually, but it seems to be running. I found this video on how to circumvent the "application ___ can't be opened" issue. Hopefully this sheds some light on what the underlying cause is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9TtoOJjGpU 

Let Cass know I said "thank you", as well.

• Thanks 1