Advices about my team

Hyksos

Sorry for the first version of the topic, I don't know what happened. This being said ... 

Hi !  I haven't played Pokemon for almost a decade, but Reborn got me back into it, and I'm now trying to build a team fitting to play the game ... I don't want to play competitive or something really optimal for strategy, just to get to the end of the game with a balance and effective team, and, so far, I've been hesitating between two teams, and I'd like to have your advice about them.  

So, the first would be

Empoleon : Surf / Flash Canon / Icebeam / aqua jet 

Heracross : Mega Horn / Brick Breaker / Shadow Claw / Close Combat

Flygon : Earthquake / Draco-claw / Thunder Punch / Draco-dance

Weavile : Ice Punch / Ice shard / Night Slash / Swords dance

Delphox : Psycho / Flamethrower / Grass Not / Dazzling Gleam

Serperior : Toxic / Aeroslash / Leaf Strom / giga Drain 

And the second

Lucario : Flash Canon /  Aura Sphere / Dracocho  / Extreme Speed or Dark Pulse

Sylveon :  Draining Kiss / Moonblast / Shadow Ball / Psyshock

Arcanine : Extreme Speed /  Fire Bite / Thunder Bite  / Flare Blitz

Greninja :  Surf / Icebeam / Dark Pulse / Psycho 

Dragonite : Earthquake / Draco Claw /  Thunder Punch / Draco Dance /  Brick Breaker 

Mamoswine : Ice Bite / Ice shard / Earthquake / Stone Edge

I don't really know which one is the best, and if the set are good or could get better with a bit of change ... 

Anyway, thanks for your help 🙂 ! 

Edited by Hyksos

11 hours ago, Hyksos said:

Sorry for the first version of the topic, I don't know what happened. This being said ... 

Hi !  I haven't played Pokemon for almost a decade, but Reborn got me back into it, and I'm now trying to build a team fitting to play the game ... I don't want to play competitive or something really optimal for strategy, just to get to the end of the game with a balance and effective team, and, so far, I've been hesitating between two teams, and I'd like to have your advice about them.  

So, the first would be

Empoleon : Surf / Flash Canon / Icebeam / aqua jet 

Heracross : Mega Horn / Brick Breaker / Shadow Claw / Close Combat

Flygon : Earthquake / Draco-claw / Thunder Punch / Draco-dance

Weavile : Ice Punch / Ice shard / Night Slash / Swords dance

Delphox : Psycho / Flamethrower / Grass Not / Dazzling Gleam

Serperior : Toxic / Aeroslash / Leaf Strom / giga Drain 

And the second

Lucario : Flash Canon /  Aura Sphere / Dracocho  / Extreme Speed or Dark Pulse

Sylveon :  Draining Kiss / Moonblast / Shadow Ball / Psyshock

Arcanine : Extreme Speed /  Fire Bite / Thunder Bite  / Flare Blitz

Greninja :  Surf / Icebeam / Dark Pulse / Psycho 

Dragonite : Earthquake / Draco Claw /  Thunder Punch / Draco Dance /  Brick Breaker 

Mamoswine : Ice Bite / Ice shard / Earthquake / Stone Edge

I don't really know which one is the best, and if the set are good or could get better with a bit of change ... 

Anyway, thanks for your help 🙂 ! 

Your teams looks great in term of coverage, if you're asking which team is better, i'll say the second team. 

but, i dont think you can this team for your walkthrough, some pokemons in the team are available quite late. For example : the starters other than the first you choose, riolu, dratini . I recommend you to use good mons that are accessible in early game then replace it with the one you want once you obtain it. Also, training more than 6 mons is great in this game because not every member can perform optimally in every fight.  

Thanks for your answers ! Should have said it before, but I've already gotten 14 or 15 badges, so I'm quite far in the game, and those would be "final" teams. 

2 hours ago, Jace3 said:

Additionally, and I think so personally, you lack state moves. All I can read are damage moves and 1 state moves per team (Dragonite with Dragon Dance and Weavile Swords dance). The type coverage tho is good.

About this, so far, I felt like most of tje time, my mons would get OS if I was to use a turn to raise their stats (I'm speaking about you Alakazam). How do you use them efficiently ?

Well there are a lot of factors to state moves 🙂 You can use them in combination with an item like quick claw (to go first and set it up) or you are using the seeds (telereic seed, elemental seed etc. regarding the field effect) and so on (Batton pass etc.)

And items like toxic orb, or fire orb, to make some pokemons faster or stronger (regarding their abilities). You could even consider using Rain Dance or Sunny Day (Rain Dance if you have a pokemon with Switf Swim or stuff like that, Sunny Day if you are up against water type pokemons to lower the dmg they are doing to your team). So some combinations are awesome. Like Abomasnow and Froslass regarding the weather changes.

I like to use a tankie pokemon like Umbreon with Leftover and some state power up moves and Batton pass. To pass on the state changes to my attack based pokemon.

In Reborn there are field effects, which I assume you are familiar with. So you can also use these to your advantage with the seeds or with abilities.

For Alakazam I would recommend a move like Calm Mind and only use it if you are up against a special attacker, because it also raises your special defense. Or you know it will set up a rain dance or sunny day, stuff like that. Which means you need some strategie behind it, that it won't get 1 Hit-KO. In my opinion, moves which raises an attack state (special or physical) and a defense state are in reborn really good.

If you are running into problems getting 1-Hit KO, maybe spend your IV's in some kind of defense and offense instat of speed and attack. If you are using Dragon Dance for your Dragonite, you could raise it's special defense/defense a bit (because it's base speed is not that good) to make it tankier, because the speed you would need, you will get it threw your dragon dances anyway. 

Or if you are just lacking speed, get a ninjask with speed boost and the moves protect/scanner and baton pass and then you are all set up.

Like you see there is a lot to it 😄