I feel so....Useless

Lorane

Hey guys..
Exactly what the title says..
I mean, most of the time this is the case with me. I don't know what to do in my life, I don't have a skillset or something that I can talk about. I try to read up things on the internet, but they always start with "I was like that too" and "then I realised that I didn't have any goals with my life, and then I started thinking"etc etc, you get the picture. I don't have any goals AT ALL, simply because I don't know anything about the summit.
It's like there's sort of this emptiness inside. As you may have guessed by now, I simply cannot express this weird emotion inside of me. I get easily intimidated as well as jealous of others, even though afterwards I tell myself that there's nothing to be jealous about. Even though I tell myself everytime NOT to be, I'm an attention-seeker. Many times, there's just this barrrage of negative emotions inside me, ready to take control. 
Many times, I feel like punching myself till I disappear. Everybody is so knowledgeable about their future, everyone is just so sure, and here am I, being miserable towards people on a forum just to get their attention. Hell, the last line was written for self pity....
So um thanks for staying afloat during my rant, and if you didn't I wouldn't blame you, after all who'd wanna listen to a weirdo whine...

• Sad 4

You're not alone friend. I'm also at a loss, I don't know what to do with my life either and covid isn't particularly making it easier to figure that out right now. But you can't just force yourself to find your calling in life instantly. Just take a step back and reavaluate. Getting stuck in a mentality of thinking you've fallen behind and can't recover can only hurt you.

Also, please don't call yourself an attention-seeker. You're simply looking for help and exposing your emotions on the internet which is a brave feat in and of itself. Stay strong.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lorane2234 said:

Hey guys..
Exactly what the title says..
I mean, most of the time this is the case with me. I don't know what to do in my life, I don't have a skillset or something that I can talk about. I try to read up things on the internet, but they always start with "I was like that too" and "then I realised that I didn't have any goals with my life, and then I started thinking"etc etc, you get the picture. I don't have any goals AT ALL, simply because I don't know anything about the summit.
It's like there's sort of this emptiness inside. As you may have guessed by now, I simply cannot express this weird emotion inside of me. I get easily intimidated as well as jealous of others, even though afterwards I tell myself that there's nothing to be jealous about. Even though I tell myself everytime NOT to be, I'm an attention-seeker. Many times, there's just this barrrage of negative emotions inside me, ready to take control. 
Many times, I feel like punching myself till I disappear. Everybody is so knowledgeable about their future, everyone is just so sure, and here am I, being miserable towards people on a forum just to get their attention. Hell, the last line was written for self pity....
So um thanks for staying afloat during my rant, and if you didn't I wouldn't blame you, after all who'd wanna listen to a weirdo whine...

I am no therapist or something like that. But maybe u can try doing something refreshing, something u haven't done before, or visit a place u haven't been yet. There are a few times when I feel like a weak person and get scared about what am I going to do in my future. But then I just try spending some time alone, either on the bed listening to some music, or going out cycling. The cool breeze really helps sometimes. I mean it lets the mind get some new ideas. Idk if u felt better or not by reading this. But this is from my own personal experience and it might work out for u too (If only u haven't tried it already of course).

3 hours ago, Seal said:

You're not alone friend. I'm also at a loss, I don't know what to do with my life either and covid isn't particularly making it easier to figure that out right now. But you can't just force yourself to find your calling in life instantly. Just take a step back and reavaluate. Getting stuck in a mentality of thinking you've fallen behind and can't recover can only hurt you.

Also, please don't call yourself an attention-seeker. You're simply looking for help and exposing your emotions on the internet which is a brave feat in and of itself. Stay strong.

Thank you..it feels good to know somebody understands my emotions, but the thing is, I just can't seem to evaluate myself...no matter how hard I try. Although I am blessed to have supportive parents as well as an amazing sister, it just feels so....weird...but, I'll try.

26 minutes ago, Crystalrage said:

I am no therapist or something like that. But maybe u can try doing something refreshing, something u haven't done before, or visit a place u haven't been yet. There are a few times when I feel like a weak person and get scared about what am I going to do in my future. But then I just try spending some time alone, either on the bed listening to some music, or going out cycling. The cool breeze really helps sometimes. I mean it lets the mind get some new ideas. Idk if u felt better or not by reading this. But this is from my own personal experience and it might work out for u too (If only u haven't tried it already of course).

I've tried this many times, and even though the worries go away for a while, they just jump back...thank you though, sitting in front of a cool breeze does feel refreshing. And thank you for understanding me.

22 minutes ago, Lorane2234 said:

I've tried this many times, and even though the worries go away for a while, they just jump back...thank you though, sitting in front of a cool breeze does feel refreshing. And thank you for understanding me.

Happy to help^^, even tho I don't really think that I helped u much