Does the developer team have any intention of balancing Terrain abilities in the next version?

GuillerXD

With the new version coming and the new gen 8 mechanics, i ask if there is an intention to balance the field-changing abilities like those of Rillaboom, Pincurchin, Weezing-galarian and Indeedee. One of the things that make reborn and rejuvenation what they are is the field effect, having the ability to destroy them so easily looks ridiculously broken in those games. I think i simple solution is just to nerf the number of turn the change take place to only 2, and with the amplifying stone for a maximum of 4 turns, I don't know, any ideas?

From what I understand the current plans are to make it so that the terrains set by the terrain abilities (as well as moves that set them, like Mist) do not actually replace the field. Instead they will be on top of the fields, so that you get the effects of both without replacing the fields. Obviously I am not a dev but that is what has been mentioned on the discord.

1 hour ago, Swampellow said:

From what I understand the current plans are to make it so that the terrains set by the terrain abilities (as well as moves that set them, like Mist) do not actually replace the field. Instead they will be on top of the fields, so that you get the effects of both without replacing the fields. Obviously I am not a dev but that is what has been mentioned on the discord.

This solution looks more cool than just reduce the turns of field abilities to tell the truth, if the implementation of it is possible i think is the best option.