Stuck in limbo (a possible save file issue?)

Star Arcana

Hi there,

I didn't know where to post this, or if it deserved its own thread, so I apologize if this isn't the place to post this.

As it relates to the end of ep. 5, I will place the information in a spoiler tag

Spoiler

Alright, so I got the bad ending, when I refused Darkrai and didn't have the willpower to resist. I really don't want to join him, but I can't seem to go back to a point before I'm forced into an interaction with him. I thought I could use an Escape Rope, but nope. I saved right before the confrontation with him, and nothing happens after the bad ending screen.

I tried going into the previous saves, but it hasn't been backing anything up since v4. (even though I enabled that setting, they are nowhere to be found)

I'm honestly on the verge of tears as I've pooled hours into episode 5 and don't want to lose it.

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

• Developers
3 hours ago, Star Arcana said:

Hi there,

I didn't know where to post this, or if it deserved its own thread, so I apologize if this isn't the place to post this.

As it relates to the end of ep. 5, I will place the information in a spoiler tag

Hide contents

Alright, so I got the bad ending, when I refused Darkrai and didn't have the willpower to resist. I really don't want to join him, but I can't seem to go back to a point before I'm forced into an interaction with him. I thought I could use an Escape Rope, but nope. I saved right before the confrontation with him, and nothing happens after the bad ending screen.

I tried going into the previous saves, but it hasn't been backing anything up since v4. (even though I enabled that setting, they are nowhere to be found)

I'm honestly on the verge of tears as I've pooled hours into episode 5 and don't want to lose it.

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Spoiler

If you have not gathered enough willpower from the dream (but completing various tasks within the Dreamscape, AND Nova has not been saved, you will not be able to resist Darkrai without avtivating the 'bad end'. The only way you can proceed is to accept Darkrai's hand.

18 hours ago, Caz said:
  Reveal hidden contents

If you have not gathered enough willpower from the dream (but completing various tasks within the Dreamscape, AND Nova has not been saved, you will not be able to resist Darkrai without avtivating the 'bad end'. The only way you can proceed is to accept Darkrai's hand.

Thank-you for taking the time to answer (and making the game, or course!). Looks like I'm replaying Ep 5 (and won't rush through it, haha)

I also figured out the back-up thing.