Cain and Aya hypno battle

Atg303

So I'm at the point where you're in the glass factory and Bennet makes you double battle Cain and Aya but I'm seriously struggling with this fight. Here's my team,

Lvl90 swampert, torrent: Waterfall, earthquake,  rock slide, iron tail

Lvl 90 Aagron, rock head: Bulldoze, iron tail, rock slide, flash cannon

Lvl 90 Arcanine, Intimidate: Crunch, flamethrower, iron tail, strength 

Lvl90 Lilligant, Chlorophyll: Petal dance, petal blizzard, teeter dance, quiver dance

Lvl 90 Noivern, Infiltrator: Dragon Pulse, Boomburst, flamethrower, Fly 

Lvl 90 Manetric, Static: Electric terrain, thunder, iron tail, wild charge 

Any ideas with THIS team on how to beat this fight?

It's shelly btw, not Aya

the Rock slides and Arcanine should take care of her nicely, focus her down then 2v1 Cain when she's done.

Prepare a lot of healing items, and get ready to stay in this topic for a while. This is the hardest fight in the game. HMs really have no spot in this fight, just get a bibarel if you want him to surf/waterfall/etc. Don't rush it, this is the moment to really build a team that can handle this fight.

Noivern would make much better use of Tailwind, especially with the Rock Slide users you have (flinch chance)

Lilligant has poor move coverage, but Petal Blizzard is still useless. Switch it to Sleep Powder, you could make use of it. Or better yet, Sunny Day, just to prevent Cain from spamming Thunders.

Arcanine is so much better with Extreme Speed then Strength.

Are you able to mega evolve one of your pokemons? Are your pokemon EV optimized?

Edited by Beaufils

On 7/5/2020 at 2:04 PM, Beaufils said:

It's shelly btw, not Aya

the Rock slides and Arcanine should take care of her nicely, focus her down then 2v1 Cain when she's done.

Prepare a lot of healing items, and get ready to stay in this topic for a while. This is the hardest fight in the game. HMs really have no spot in this fight, just get a bibarel if you want him to surf/waterfall/etc. Don't rush it, this is the moment to really build a team that can handle this fight.

Noivern would make much better use of Tailwind, especially with the Rock Slide users you have (flinch chance)

Lilligant has poor move coverage, but Petal Blizzard is still useless. Switch it to Sleep Powder, you could make use of it. Or better yet, Sunny Day, just to prevent Cain from spamming Thunders.

Arcanine is so much better with Extreme Speed then Strength.

Are you able to mega evolve one of your pokemons? Are your pokemon EV optimized?

I have an altaria and altarianite but I don't know where to get the mega bracelet

Ok, that's not a problem.

1) Remember 7th street? There was some dude selling pokemon in cages (which were the pokemon you were stuck with in the minigame where you had to heat/freeze a cell)

Buy them all (don't release any of them)

Once you buy them all, you should see DJ Arclight in 7th Street then in Grand Hall. You can follow his instructions, i don't want to spoil it all since it's a pretty interesting quest. You can find stuff in the walkthrough topics if you're stuck.

Once you're done (there's a difficult fight at the end) you'll get the Mega Z Ring, who can make you use Mega Evolutions (and Z Moves)

2) You can talk to someone in the Grand Hall basement who will complain about something about the Railnet. You should head to the Wasteland to check it out. Reward's an Aggronite, which will help your Aggron (well, he loses STAB on Rock Slide, but a lot of bulk...)

Manectrite is sadly unavailable at your point in time, it will be available after your next gym.

You should use this time to train some other pokemons. Nearly every non legendary pokemon is available to you now, if you need someone in particular you can tell us (or look it up) and we'll tell you where to get it.

On 7/5/2020 at 2:59 PM, Beaufils said:

1) Remember 7th street? There was some dude selling pokemon in cages (which were the pokemon you were stuck with in the minigame where you had to heat/freeze a cell)

Once you buy them all, you should see DJ Arclight in 7th Street then in Grand Hall. You can follow his instructions, i don't want to spoil it all since it's a pretty interesting quest. You can find stuff in the walkthrough topics if you're stuck.

Once you're done (there's a difficult fight at the end) you'll get the Mega Z Ring, who can make you use Mega Evolutions (and Z Moves)

2) You can talk to someone in the Grand Hall basement who will complain about something about the Railnet. You should head to the Wasteland to check it out. Reward's an Aggronite, which will help your Aggron (well, he loses STAB on Rock Slide, but a lot of bulk...)

Manectrite is sadly unavailable at your point in time, it will be available after your next gym.

You should use this time to train some other pokemons. Nearly every non legendary pokemon is available to you now, if you need someone in particular you can tell us (or look it up) and we'll tell you where to get it.

Could you tell me how to get a gible? I'd LOVE a garchomp to help make life easier

On 7/5/2020 at 2:59 PM, Beaufils said:

And a better grass type would be nice. I have an Abomasnow I could train up but the fire weakness is such a turn off.

Gible is in the desert, in a cave not far northeast of the train station. There is a few puzzles with sand holes, you can figure it out. Bring a few dozen Pokesnacks, and your A team for battling. Max Repels would be nice too.

Decent grass types IMHO :

Ferrothorn : headbutt outside of titania's gym.

Torterra : slide puzzle in the circus. I wouldn't level him for Cain/Shelly, but you can keep him on your roster

Leavanny : probably the rhodosomething forest. Get him swords dance, leaf blade, x scissor and a coverage move and you're set

Abomasnow : You mentionned him. If you want to go full snow i remember you having Sandslash 🙂  but yeah i wouldn't use a hail setter unless you want to use Aurora Veil or spam Blizzards.

Whimsicott : east of Calcenon, morning/day only. Only worth something with Prankster, but damn he's good with Prankster.

On 7/5/2020 at 3:13 PM, Beaufils said:

Gible is in the desert, in a cave not far northeast of the train station. There is a few puzzles with sand holes, you can figure it out. Bring a few dozen Pokesnacks, and your A team for battling. Max Repels would be nice too.

Decent grass types IMHO :

Ferrothorn : headbutt outside of titania's gym.

Torterra : slide puzzle in the circus. I wouldn't level him for Cain/Shelly, but you can keep him on your roster

Leavanny : probably the rhodosomething forest. Get him swords dance, leaf blade, x scissor and a coverage move and you're set

Abomasnow : You mentionned him. If you want to go full snow i remember you having Sandslash 🙂  but yeah i wouldn't use a hail setter unless you want to use Aurora Veil or spam Blizzards.

Whimsicott : east of Calcenon, morning/day only. Only worth something with Prankster, but damn he's good with Prankster.

Got garchomp and got it to level 90 but now I can't get the ungodly stupid 2nd battle after you beat cain and shelly. Seriously, whose idea was that second fight

On 7/5/2020 at 9:12 PM, Atg303 said:

Got garchomp and got it to level 90 but now I can't get the ungodly stupid 2nd battle after you beat cain and shelly. Seriously, whose idea was that second fight

Finally beat it lol