Chess gym help

Atg303

So im stuck at the point where you fight the gym leader with the chess puzzle.

My team is:

Swampert: Damp, Muddy Water, Sludge Wave, Earthquake, Rock Slide 

Arcanine: Flash Fire, Strength, Flamethrower, Thunder fang, Crunch

Noivern: Infiltrater, Dragon Pulse, Boomburst, Air Slash, Super Fang

Swoobat: Unaware, Psychic, Heart Stamp, Air slash, air cutter

Alolan Sandlash: Slush rush, Rock smash, cut, shadow claw, icicle crash

Mawile: Sheer Force, Play rough, crunch, iron defense, iron head.

Any suggestions on how to beat this fight with my current team?

Hmm looking at your team it helps to change your Noivern's ability to Telepathy just for this fight due to the fact that now it will recieve less damage from chess moves. Also you should really replace Alolan Sandlsah's two hms. Swoobat can be good if given Calm Mind/Nasty Plot with Simple for even more setting up potential

As for stopping trick room I'd recommend either giving your Swoobat the seed with Simple that's +2 and using Super Fang on Reuniclus from that range I think Psychic kills.

But you can always just try to remove Gallade with Air Slash and just let Reuiniclus get of TRrick Room the key to this battle is either preventing trick room or just toughing it out.

Edited by Node15

1 hour ago, Node15 said:

Hmm looking at your team it helps to change your Noivern's ability to Telepathy just for this fight due to the fact that now it will recieve less damage from chess moves. Also you should really replace Alolan Sandlsah's two hms. Swoobat can be good if given Calm Mind/Nasty Plot with Simple for even more setting up potential

As for stopping trick room I'd recommend either giving your Swoobat the seed with Simple that's +2 and using Super Fang on Reuniclus from that range I think Psychic kills.

But you can always just try to remove Gallade with Air Slash and just let Reuiniclus get of TRrick Room the key to this battle is either preventing trick room or just toughing it out.

Alright thank you for the advice! I'll give it a try with your solutions and see what happens lol, gotta love/hate reborn's difficulty.

Eh don't worry after round 1 the game usually becomes pretty easy on a second go.

You get used to it and will eventually start forming strategies in future runs that make gym leaders comparatively easier then before

Usually if you have trouble the easiest way to win is just to train up a new member there's no shame in having more than 6 members.

Edited by Node15

I agree that Swoobat should switch to Simple, if you want to keep him. He really starts falling off with Unaware. Simple also works with the chess field.

I'm also not a great fan of Mawile, his mega stone is not available until much later in the game, and the item that goes with Sheer Force (Life Orb) as well.

If you finish the route 1 honey quest, you get Heracross or Pinsir, who both help a lot here.

Who is the issue in Radomus' team? Is it the early turns or more surviving the late fight?