D&D Homebrew Content

Seal

Heyo!

I was wondering, what are your favorite homebrew creations? Doesn't matter if you concocted it up yourself or someone else did, any ideas are welcome! My favorite comes with a little story:

Recently, one of the players of the campaign I'm going to host soon came up to me with a proposal. He was going to play a sorcerer, but none of the cantrips really peaked his interest. So, he and I sat down to create a new cantrip: 

Hide contents

Pinpoint

Level: Cantrip

School: Conjuration

Spell-lists: Bard, Sorcerer, Wizard

Casting time: 1 Action

Duration: Instantaneous

Components: V, S, M (a Dagger)

Range: 60ft

You clench a dagger in your fist which duplicates the dagger and enchants them with a faint, blue energy. You then hurl the knives at one or multiple creatures within range. Make a ranged spell attack for each dagger. Upon hit, the target takes 1d6 magical piercing damage and for each consequentive dagger hit on a target you have a +1 to hit on said target within this casting of the spell. After the spell is casted, all daggers dissapear except for the one first thrown.

At higher levels:

The spell creates an additional dagger at 5th, 11th and 17th level.

The cantrip was made with his character in mind, a pretty cocky sorcerer who likes to show off his knife-throwing skills. I was glad to hear that he loved it!

Now, what are your favorite homebrew additions?

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 6/3/2020 at 3:20 AM, Seal said:
Heyo!

I was wondering, what are your favorite homebrew creations? Doesn't matter if you concocted it up yourself or someone else did, any ideas are welcome! My favorite comes with a little story:

Recently, one of the players of the campaign I'm going to host soon came up to me with a proposal. He was going to play a sorcerer, but none of the cantrips really peaked his interest. So, he and I sat down to create a new cantrip: 

Reveal hidden contents

Pinpoint

Level: Cantrip

School: Conjuration

Spell-lists: Bard, Sorcerer, Wizard

Casting time: 1 Action

Duration: Instantaneous

Components: V, S, M (a Dagger)

Range: 60ft

You clench a dagger in your fist which duplicates the dagger and enchants them with a faint, blue energy. You then hurl the knives at one or multiple creatures within range. Make a ranged spell attack for each dagger. Upon hit, the target takes 1d6 magical piercing damage and for each consequentive dagger hit on a target you have a +1 to hit on said target within this casting of the spell. After the spell is casted, all daggers dissapear except for the one first thrown.

At higher levels:

The spell creates an additional dagger at 5th, 11th and 17th level.

The cantrip was made with his character in mind, a pretty cocky sorcerer who likes to show off his knife-throwing skills. I was glad to hear that he loved it!

Now, what are your favorite homebrew additions?

Hi there! 

That's a really cool cantrip! It fits the character and it even references that one magic item that throws 2 daggers, right?