Nim battle before zero zone help

Atg303

okay so I've tried no joke 30 times to beat nim with my current team but no luck (ive been reseting after 2 losses to her cause grindind in the area right before the zero zone is stupidly tedious)

Lvl 85 Blaziken: Magma drift, flare blitz, sky uppercut, brave bird,  blaze 

Lvl 80 Oricorio: revelation dance, facade, hurricane, fly, dancer

Lvl 80 Solrock: Rock Slide, magma drift, psychic, shadow ball, levitate

Lvl 80Shiinotic: Giga drain, sleep powder, moon blast,  energy ball, effect spore

Lvl 81 Lycanrock: Crunch, stone edge, rock slide, rock tomb, vital spirit 

Lvl 80 Ludiculo: surf, hydro pump, energy ball, rock smash, swift swim

Any suggestions that don't involve spending several hours getting my mons (save blaziken) up to lvl 83 or higher?

Tell us on which difficulty mode you are playing.

First to train your pokemon always fight the audino breeders : the best you get is in Hiyoshi City in the past you can use the Time Crystal in Alexandra's house in Sashila Village to go there.You'll get your pokemons to the cap fast with the Exp.Share.Never try to train on wild mons it's just a waste of time.

Then from what I can see you don't have good mons.Try talking and doing everything.Lycanroc and Blaziken are good mons tho.

For a Psychic type to replace Solrock you can get Gardevoir,Metagross,Gallade,Alakazam,Reunicleus which are way better than Solrock.

To replace Shiinotic for a Grass mon try Roserade,Breloom,Decidueye and if you want to replace it instead for a Fairy type try Gardevoir or the Sylveon Ren gives are good choices.

If you really want to keep Oricorio at least try to get his Crest it's in the Zorialyn Labyrinth.But there are better Flying types like Crobat,Talonflame or Staraptor.

As for Ludicolo you can try keeping it but use it only in fights where Swift Swim can be easily triggered.Better Water types are Swampert ,Feraligatr, Golisopod,  Primarina, Kingdra, Starmie or Crawdaunt so you have a wide variety of choices.

After that I see you have HMs on your mons so try to never use the worst HMs like Cut or Rock Smash on your mons only the good ones like Surf,Fly and Magma Drift.

But then you are going to ask :"How will I be able to travel on the overworld".There are two solutions to that: Hms are forgettable so you can just teach one of it to your pokemon then after you'll have no more use to it replace it with another TM move.The other solutions are the Golden Items.Golden items replace the need for HM.Example:If you have the Golden Surfboard you'll be able to Surf even if your pokemons don't have Surf (thought you'll need the Hm required in your bag).They can be found in the Chrysolia Hotel in Gearen City at the Game Corner floor.

The most importants things to buy are Exp.Share(All) which is a Gen 6 Exp.Share,the Golden Surfboard and Wings for Fly and Surf which are the most important ones.Then you'll want to buy the Golden Scuba Gear for Dive and the Golden Gauntlet for Strength because they are the most required ones.

I see that your Blaziken has Blaze which is forbidden to keep when you have Ability Capsules that can change your ability.Use it on Blaziken so you get Speed Boost which is why he is the strongest starter.

I can also see that you have a Magma Drift Blaziken,a Magma Drift Solrock with Shadow Ball and Psychic, and a Facade Oricorio.Please learn this:Having coverage is good but it needs to be with the user's best stat:Solrock has an attack base stat of 95 and a special attack base stat of 55 so it's better to have physical moves on him like Stone Edge,Rock Slide,Flare Blitz or Zen Headbutt instead of special attacks like Psychic or Shadow Ball.

To find the base stats of a pokemon search it on the internet.

8 hours ago, Nexen57 said:

First to train your pokemon always fight the audino breeders : the best you get is in Hiyoshi City in the past you can use the Time Crystal in Alexandra's house in Sashila Village to go there.You'll get your pokemons to the cap fast with the Exp.Share.Never try to train on wild mons it's just a waste of time.

Then from what I can see you don't have good mons.Try talking and doing everything.Lycanroc and Blaziken are good mons tho.

For a Psychic type to replace Solrock you can get Gardevoir,Metagross,Gallade,Alakazam,Reunicleus which are way better than Solrock.

To replace Shiinotic for a Grass mon try Roserade,Breloom,Decidueye and if you want to replace it instead for a Fairy type try Gardevoir or the Sylveon Ren gives are good choices.

If you really want to keep Oricorio at least try to get his Crest it's in the Zorialyn Labyrinth.But there are better Flying types like Crobat,Talonflame or Staraptor.

As for Ludicolo you can try keeping it but use it only in fights where Swift Swim can be easily triggered.Better Water types are Swampert ,Feraligatr, Golisopod,  Primarina, Kingdra, Starmie or Crawdaunt so you have a wide variety of choices.

After that I see you have HMs on your mons so try to never use the worst HMs like Cut or Rock Smash on your mons only the good ones like Surf,Fly and Magma Drift.

But then you are going to ask :"How will I be able to travel on the overworld".There are two solutions to that: Hms are forgettable so you can just teach one of it to your pokemon then after you'll have no more use to it replace it with another TM move.The other solutions are the Golden Items.Golden items replace the need for HM.Example:If you have the Golden Surfboard you'll be able to Surf even if your pokemons don't have Surf (thought you'll need the Hm required in your bag).They can be found in the Chrysolia Hotel in Gearen City at the Game Corner floor.

The most importants things to buy are Exp.Share(All) which is a Gen 6 Exp.Share,the Golden Surfboard and Wings for Fly and Surf which are the most important ones.Then you'll want to buy the Golden Scuba Gear for Dive and the Golden Gauntlet for Strength because they are the most required ones.

I see that your Blaziken has Blaze which is forbidden to keep when you have Ability Capsules that can change your ability.Use it on Blaziken so you get Speed Boost which is why he is the strongest starter.

I can also see that you have a Magma Drift Blaziken,a Magma Drift Solrock with Shadow Ball and Psychic, and a Facade Oricorio.Please learn this:Having coverage is good but it needs to be with the user's best stat:Solrock has an attack base stat of 95 and a special attack base stat of 55 so it's better to have physical moves on him like Stone Edge,Rock Slide,Flare Blitz or Zen Headbutt instead of special attacks like Psychic or Shadow Ball.

I'll definitely take your advice on the pokemon and I'm playing on normal difficulty. My only major problem is I can't get back to Alexandria's house from where I'm at. I'm literally RIGHT before the nim battle which means I've already fallen through the cave and can't get back to alexandrias house.

9 hours ago, Nexen57 said:

How do you get back to Alexandria's house from the point I'm at? When I go to the edge of zone zero the door is locked so I can't get back her house. And just fyi I'm playing on android so I can't really load older saves.

Edited by Atg303
extra information

Use Fly to go to Sashila Village.Or you can open the big door of Zone Zero to Alamissa Urben which is near the place where you landed with the Xen ship at the start of Zone Zero.

1 hour ago, Nexen57 said:

Use Fly to go to Sashila Village.Or you can open the big door of Zone Zero to Alamissa Urben which is near the place where you landed with the Xen ship at the start of Zone Zero.

Gotchya. I figured that out but thank you anyway. What mons in the nearby area would you recommend I catch and train up? 

1 hour ago, Nexen57 said:

So I just felt it right to let you know I won with (all level 85 besides Ludiculo who was 83) cacturne, blaziken, Oricorio, Ludiculo, Lycanrock, and solrock. However, I'll definitely take your advice and replace some mons. Thanks for all the help!

Happy you won but the only good mons are hidden behind events or quests.In most cases wild pokemons are not very good.You should check the pokemon location guide for V12 here:

This should help you .This game is really rewarding exploration so you should try do it.