Light Ball Pikachu?

Shota

So, after spending around two hours shiny hunting (Seriously, 31 in 3 stats automatically but Sp Attack fails almost every time at under 10) I got this little girl.

Pichu.png.0858ccd3e826e8ac5d2a990dd32d7763.png

Who happened to come with this egg move:

Moves.png.e834515fd3b8aba5abb78b90d5963a6d.png

I know it only has one IV in its attack but since all the Light Ball users seem to be timid would it really matter? Pichu is staying in my box till I get to the Light Ball. I may just keep it around as a rotation mon in the late game when I can get to the good mons.

Honestly, you're better off just evolving it into Alolan Raichu. Better speed and dual STAB in Psychic, alongside a great boosting move in Nasty Plot, and it can actually survive a hit, unlike Pikachu

PD: I know the Pichu line can learn that move, but, let's be serious, Pikachu can't even set up because of it's fragility

• Upvote 1

Light Ball Pikachu hits stupid hard, especially with Volt Tackle, but it's always had the problem of being too frail, and, frankly, too slow (90 base speed hasn't been impressive since Gen 4). Both forms of Raichu perform much more consistently and effectively against almost everything.

It is, however, very satisfying to OHKO even resists with Volt Tackle on a NFE 'mon.

4 hours ago, Gastronely said:

Honestly, you're better off just evolving it into Alolan Raichu. Better speed and dual STAB in Psychic, alongside a great boosting move in Nasty Plot, and it can actually survive a hit, unlike Pikachu

PD: I know the Pichu line can learn that move, but, let's be serious, Pikachu can't even set up because of it's fragility

I plan to use Metagross (Cause it shiny matches the Reborn ball and it will make Mr. 3% easier to shiny hunt) but I may breed Pichu later on so I have a regular Raichu and Alolan. I'm probably going to shiny hunt a scraggy and hope it gets Dragon Dance (Since Drain Punch is a move tutor move as well I think).