Pokemon Spork Argument Error

Bryan Blackner

I need help. When I try to open up the game i keep getting this error:

Exception: ArgumentError Message: too many arguments for format string 176:Compiler:4032:in `sprintf' 176:Compiler:4032:in `pbImportNewMaps' 176:Compiler:4031:in `chdir' 176:Compiler:4031:in `pbImportNewMaps' 176:Compiler:4184

• Global Mods

I tried googling the error and didn't get any relevant results, but going from the import new maps part:

Is this your first time downloading Spork, or are you updating from a previous version? If you're updating from a previous version, what map did you save in before updating, if you remember? 

6 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I tried googling the error and didn't get any relevant results, but going from the import new maps part:

Is this your first time downloading Spork, or are you updating from a previous version? If you're updating from a previous version, what map did you save in before updating, if you remember? 

yes this is my first time downloading the game

• Global Mods

The only other question I can think to ask at the moment to try to narrow down the issue is did you download on a PC or a Mac? (Macs have more difficulty running RPG Maker games, but there are workarounds to make it easier)

edit: it's currently 1:13 AM here and going to sleep so if you reply it may be a few or several hours before I see it 

Do you still have the compressed folder of Spork 8? Maybe try extracting all the files and see if it works again (you must move the other existing unzipped Spork 8 folder somewhere else away from the Documents section).

I have not encounter that error at all on the times where I unzipped that folder.

10 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

The only other question I can think to ask at the moment to try to narrow down the issue is did you download on a PC or a Mac? (Macs have more difficulty running RPG Maker games, but there are workarounds to make it easier)

edit: it's currently 1:13 AM here and going to sleep so if you reply it may be a few or several hours before I see it 

I am using this app called joiplay on my Samsung Chromebook 3. In case you didn't know, Joiplay is an app that can run rpg maker games. I had to put my chromebook on developer mode to make this possible.

• Global Mods
49 minutes ago, Bryan Blackner said:

I am using this app called joiplay on my Samsung Chromebook 3. In case you didn't know, Joiplay is an app that can run rpg maker games. I had to put my chromebook on developer mode to make this possible.

I don't know what a Chromebook is, but I recall it being brought up in the staff channel some time ago in response to someone asking if it was possible to play Reborn on them.

If it's Chromebook related I would probably have to ask someone, but did you try Vince&Sylveon's suggestion?

10 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I don't know what a Chromebook is, but I recall it being brought up in the staff channel some time ago.

If it's Chromebook related I would probably have to ask someone, but did you try Vince&Sylveon's suggestion?

I just extracted all the files

6 hours ago, Vince&Sylveon said:

Do you still have the compressed folder of Spork 8? Maybe try extracting all the files and see if it works again (you must move the other existing unzipped Spork 8 folder somewhere else away from the Documents section).

I have not encounter that error at all on the times where I unzipped that folder.

i just extracted all the files

Edited by Bryan Blackner

• Global Mods

So after asking in a few more places, this is the information I have now:

Joiplay is also the app used on android that someone recently got Reborn and other RPG Maker games to play on mobile, although there still seem to be some errors to be worked out, as well as the issue of whether performance depends on device. The error in the first post seems identical to the error when trying to play Spork on mobile:

image.png.b86dc56d911986230fe799203773e7e4.png

Which could mean it's an issue with the Joiplay app. If that's the case than unfortunately I wouldn't be able to give any further help, but you could try contacting the creator of this thread: https://www.rebornevo.com/forums/topic/50982-pokemon-reborn-fully-working-on-android/ to see if you'd be able to get any assistance there. I apologize that I wasn't able to help more. 

On 4/29/2020 at 10:45 PM, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

So after asking in a few more places, this is the information I have now:

Joiplay is also the app used on android that someone recently got Reborn and other RPG Maker games to play on mobile, although there still seem to be some errors to be worked out, as well as the issue of whether performance depends on device. The error in the first post seems identical to the error when trying to play Spork on mobile:

image.png.b86dc56d911986230fe799203773e7e4.png

Which could mean it's an issue with the Joiplay app. If that's the case than unfortunately I wouldn't be able to give any further help, but you could try contacting the creator of this thread: https://www.rebornevo.com/forums/topic/50982-pokemon-reborn-fully-working-on-android/ to see if you'd be able to get any assistance there. I apologize that I wasn't able to help more. 

all right there is another issue the png file below doesn't support the game and i can't get the game to work because of this

• 2 months later...
On 4/29/2020 at 10:33 AM, Bryan Blackner said:

I know I'm late to this but I hope you're still somewhat active, I have a chromebook as well and have downloaded joiplay, but I'm still facing a problem. I downloaded a game, and have the zipped file. But, in order to get it to work on joiplay, I need it as either a .exe extension, .html extension, .sh extension, or ,py extension. If you could walk me through how to get the proper files in order to play I would be really grateful.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2020 at 2:20 AM, rebornfan said:

I know I'm late to this but I hope you're still somewhat active, I have a chromebook as well and have downloaded joiplay, but I'm still facing a problem. I downloaded a game, and have the zipped file. But, in order to get it to work on joiplay, I need it as either a .exe extension, .html extension, .sh extension, or ,py extension. If you could walk me through how to get the proper files in order to play I would be really grateful.

You have to extract the file and then use the game.exe extension