Gen 8 Reborn anyone?

Toufu Survivor

Hey! I was wondering if anyone was planning to incorporate the new Pokémon in Reborn, since I read that Ame wasn't planning to do so.

I don't really have much experience (if any), but I'd love to help with this project however I can if this project catches someone's interest that is more adept.

I know essentials has been updated for Gen 8, and most sprites are already done, so.. maybe someone is already doing it?

Let's allow this handsome boi to be in Reborn!

887 (1).png

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Toufu Survivor said:

Hey! I was wondering if anyone was planning to incorporate the new Pokémon in Reborn, since I read that Ame wasn't planning to do so.

I don't really have much experience (if any), but I'd love to help with this project however I can if this project catches someone's interest that is more adept.

I know essentials has been updated for Gen 8, and most sprites are already done, so.. maybe someone is already doing it?

Let's allow this handsome boi to be in Reborn!

887 (1).png

Bluetowel is in the Altforms mod

18 minutes ago, Starry Knight said:

Bluetowel is in the Altforms mod

Huh, I wasn't aware of the altforms mod having Gen 8 mons, but you're absolutely right!

However, what I had in mind was more of a clean Reborn Version with the only change being Gen 8 mons, and maybe a debug mode for challenge runs.

Maybe there's already such a thing?

2 minutes ago, Toufu Survivor said:

Huh, I wasn't aware of the altforms mod having Gen 8 mons, but you're absolutely right!

However, what I had in mind was more of a clean Reborn Version with the only change being Gen 8 mons, and maybe a debug mode for challenge runs.

Not that I know of
I know Ame and team have 0 plans for it right now and that is the extent of my knowledge there

• Veterans
11 hours ago, Toufu Survivor said:

Hi! I thought I should reply on this subject here instead of the altforms thread.

An issue with implementing gen 8 into Reborn is a lack of space to accommodate all the new Pokémon and TMs/TRs - part of why I decided to try to implement gen 8 into altforms is that I'm already adding in new areas that would have enough space for new item rewards and Pokémon. Some of the new areas will have more gen 8 Pokémon than altforms, some will have more wild altforms than gen 8 Pokémon. 

For keeping them bundled together, it's mostly to reduce the amount of work I'd have to do with either rebalancing the entire game twice for two sets of additional Pokémon, one with new moves and abilities and TMs/TRs and one with new mechanics, as well as keeping two sets of new maps to accommodate keeping everything accessible in-game. I don't have as much time as I'd like to work on this kind of thing.

It's also worth mentioning that the Essentials gen 8 content is for Essentials 17.2, whereas Reborn uses a much older version, with a lot of mechanics coded differently and necessitating a lot of adaptation and rewriting to get things to work. It's also not entirely finished, and I've helped out a little where I could.

That said, if gen 8 with altforms is too far from some folks' tastes, I am keeping my changes separate enough that I can more easily create a gen 8 standalone mod afterwards. But for now, it's much easier for me to work on one combined mod.