Going down....

Linux

Morning,

Well, I woke up this morning to a lovely surprise. My account has been suspended with my hoster. They were kind enough not to provide me with my personal data but with my log statistics.

So, lets see what damage we did to their servers....

This means we're two mirrors down, because I am going to terminate the other one myself...

We're left with two mirrors, two brilliantly fast mirrors if I may say so myself!

So, whilst I was looking at what happened on my other hosting account there, I spotted something,

Data Protection Act had been violated.

Screw them, shite company anyway.

Will update with the damage reports soon :D

damage:

Total web space used: 3GB

Total Bandwidth used from August 13th: 729.9GB

Bandwidth used from Pokémon Reborn files: 558.51GB - Well done guys!

171.39GB used on other files and protocols, including Mail, SQL, FTP, etc...

However, I must also state "Unlimited Bandwidth", in the ToS and AUP when I signed up, it had no such thing about over using it.

I have had no emails or notifications about changes to the ToS or AUP. Bastards.

Wouldn't it just be easier to set up an ftp server and manage our downloads like Mozilla does?

Why would a FTP server make a difference? They both do the same thing on the receiving end... Just HTTP is faster when initiating the connection.

The host was bullshit when it actually get some utilisation and they didn't like it and terminated me :c

When I get round to it, I'll be updating my RDS and using that again. Anyway, there's still two mirrors, I'm just waiting for Amethyst to update the listing.