Essentials download?

Whales

12 hours ago, Whales said:

Hi all, I am looking to start making a pokemon game and was wondering where the essentials downloads are, I can't seem to find them. Thanks!

Nintendo took them down, through legal action. Not too long ago, i believe. They decided to strike at fangames, right at their core.

https://www.thegamer.com/nintendo-pokemon-essentials-shut-down-fan-games/

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/08/29/nintendo-shut-down-pokemon-essentials/

You need connections, an old site/download mirror, or some torrent ability (water moves deal 1,5x damage)! Good luck!

First, they make a lazy, cheap-a__, garbage, low-budget, needlessly limited-resources, half-a__ed game without a national dex and having most of the best pokemon around axed, then they proceed at striking the very tool which makes much greater games than theirs will ever hope to be and for FREE, at that! I used to hate them and had decided to never buy anything they produce, ever again, before; now i really wish they go bankrupt and end up having Sega's fate (being bought by adversaries)! I still haven't forgiven them on Another Metroid 2 Remake (even though it was ultimately finalized) and Pokemon Uranium takedown, but worst of all, for dismantling those even from the nomination contest for "best fanmade creation of the year" (which guess what? had been hosted by Nintendo). Nintendo = trash, the lowliest of the low... My childhood 😢

• Like 1