Starting Team

Johnny_Nevori

So I have a team of 6 before the 1st Gym with only 2 types missing (Dark & Fire) from the available types to choose from.

I might swap out Eko because he is wicked hard to train, BUT, Idk what I'd replace him with.

Spoiler

Team.png.b98de706f0575f5be805d85865faeb8c.png

Is this fine? should I swap anyone & why?

Any other suggestions that can be of use?

Thanks in advance. 👍

8 minutes ago, Johnny_Nevori said:

Wow really? I kept shrug off that Kricketot. I gonna have to check it out.

Who would I replace though? probably either Joltik or Noibat right?

Noibat. It’s too weak to really be used early in the game. Now once it’s evolved it’s a different story, but it grows too slowly and evolves too late.

I’ve never used Joltik so can’t speak to it.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Johnny_Nevori said:

well I mean it is one of my fave bugs but i only suggested it as Kricketot is already bug and I was hoping for that versatility/variety but it makes more since to box Noibat ATM. 

You'll be boxing Kricketune by the time you fight Corey so don't worry about it. And coincidentally that's the point at which Galvantula would listen to you anyway (if you bump it down a level after evolving it anyway.) And it would probably be great for Shelly.

• Like 1

Yeah I kinda thought about the longer run that's why I tried to diversify my team but that doesn't always help in the beginning. that's at least what my basis was for with my Froakie as it can morph into 4 types. I usually stick with 9 Pokemon that have all 18 types for coverage and swap between them as needed but sometimes that can't happen.

See, Kricketot is good for the early game, but the versatility of Galvantula is amazing. Compound eyes means Thunder rarely ever misses. Its fast. Can lay out sticky webs to slow the entire enemy team, can paralyze if you want to run a thunderwave. Gets access to bug buzz which is a great move for dealing with multiple enemies, plus the electric typing will really help out with dealing with Flying and Water mons, both of which can be a hassle in this game. Plus you actually encounter alot of psychic types so having a speedy heavy hitting bug type is great!

1 hour ago, Johnny_Nevori said:

Yeah kept it and now that the gym is done it has some good moves.

Nice! Also, one thing I will add in regards to your team. It has a lot of sweepers but nothing to Tank much. If I were you, I would consider getting something a little bulkier to have as a wall that could potentially allow you to reheal your sweepers, set traps, maybe a terrain manipulator, etc. I know for me I utilize Hippowdon. Hes great for setting up stealth rocks plus he instantly changes the weather which can be useful depending on the battle you're in- looking at you Titania. Hes great because he lasts long, has immunity, and allows me to heal up those that have been weakened or KOd plus he can heal himself too. I am not saying you need to use Hippowdon, but having something that can play that sort of role on the team is quite helpful!