Umm...

Khayoz

So i was looking around the net on Pokemon Essentials stuff and I found one of Ame's old threads on Pokecommunity on DW abilities on wild pokes. I was like "meh" and used the script in a random RPG maker XP poke game as a test and it works :o (I was finding Lightningrod Goldeens on top of Swift Swim and Water Veil). Doesn't work on ones you get from an event though...

But maybe we can get 3 abilities at last? :D

Edited by Khayoz

I didn't put it as a script...rather I put it as a parallel process in the first town

Events.onWildPokemonCreate+=proc {|sender,e|
pokemon=e[0]
if $game_switches[140]
i=rand(3)
pokemon.abilityflag=0 if i==0
pokemon.abilityflag=1 if i==1
pokemon.abilityflag=2 if i==2
end
}
...And I turned on switch 140 at the start of the game after you name your character :o
It's probably the long way around, but that's how I got it to work :)
Edited by Khayoz

• Administrators

Oh, I see, it was the old way of doing that...

Hm...

I believe I would still preferred if we could get the current script repaired because that would apply to all events/trades/opposing pokemon as well...

But perhaps I can set this in a common event as a temporary solution

Ame, I have a temporary solution for Pokemon obtained from in-game events.

If you just tweak the one above a bit and stick it in place of the normal pbAddPokemon script in the event it should work :D

e.g.

poke=PokeBattle_Pokemon.new(:GOLDEEN,10,$Trainer)
pbAddPokemon(poke)
i=rand(3)
poke.setAbility(0) if i==0
poke.setAbility(1) if i==1
poke.setAbility(2) if i==2
I've only tried this on Pokes with 3 abilities at the moment, though. But it should work on those with 2...
Edited by Khayoz

• Administrators

d...does this mean.... Hustle Nidorans? :o

...Doesn't that just turn into SheerForce though? Sheer Force, like moxie, is an incomplete ability and will have no effect. That's unlikely to change until I get someone to help with scripting.

Ame, I have a temporary solution for Pokemon obtained from in-game events.

If you just tweak the one above a bit and stick it in place of the normal pbAddPokemon script in the event it should work :D

e.g.

poke=PokeBattle_Pokemon.new(:GOLDEEN,10,$Trainer)

pbAddPokemon(poke)

i=rand(3)

poke.setAbility(0) if i==0

poke.setAbility(1) if i==1

poke.setAbility(2) if i==2

I've only tried this on Pokes with 3 abilities at the moment, though. But it should work on those with 2...

I think, in order to produce a more permanent solution to all cases of this issue, I'll have to tweak some Pokemon creation scripts.. which should be fun...

d...does this mean.... Hustle Nidorans? :o

Yes it does!~

...Doesn't that just turn into SheerForce though? Sheer Force, like moxie, is an incomplete ability and will have no effect. That's unlikely to change until I get someone to help with scripting.

I'm on the case! Though this thread is from a few days ago.... oh well.

At the moment, I'm still fixing some parts of Magic Guard (Leech Seed is a rather peculiar case I wasn't prepared for), but I've been looking into this whenever I get some time anyway so I may as well fix it.