Writing a movie and I need help

Damage

So I've been writing for television for a while now and I'm really good at that because I know how to slowly build a story but making a contained self-story gets tough and one that can be told in less than 3 hours literally has my brain smoking. Anyone with ideas on how to condense major ideas I'd love to hear opinions. Story is basically Fireforce meets Star wars,

Hihi. These are just my thoughts, but remember that I don’t know much about Screenplays, so this may not be the best advice. I have, however, written a few books (never published), and I write plot for my current game, so I know a little.

Since its a movie, and not a TV show, you have to skip out on a few arcs, and you obviously can’t fit everything in. Make a list of everything you want to happen, and write the estimated time that you’ll think it will happen in. It should total up to be about two hours.

Not knowing a lot about your film, I’m going to make the assumption it’s Action and Adventure. Most movies from that genre are about an hour and a half, to about two and a half hours, so try to have your estimated time fit somewhere in there.

If it doesn’t total up to be that long, you’ll probably be fine adding a little bit more. If you’re writing for a company, it’s probably always best to have more in your script, rather than less.

On the other side, if its a bit longer, it might be best to keep it that way, for the aforementioned reason.

Now, when you finally do start writing, keep in mind that a page is about a minute, with just a few exceptions (most action scenes).

While I’ve never written a script, when writing this helps me. So, as I’m writing a scene, I imagine it like I’m watching a movie. For a screenplay, this would be character movement, angle, how the dialogue sounds, all of that. Then, you just have to find a way to put it on paper.

This is just some of my advice. Take it however you want.

• Like 1