Beating Mercury with 1 badge

Ilovepotatoes25

alright so this is kind off a tip to anyone doing a replay or just starting rejuvenation, now i managed to defeat trainer mercury with only my first badge u know the insane chick in the aqua building that has a level 93 alakazam
and i thought hell why not share the strategy i used. so the pokemon we are gonna need for this are [Qwilfish (with spikes),Trubbish (with toxic spikes and poison gas),deerling (Sap sipper ability),
Alolan rattata,Patrat (with Detect),-any pokemon but i recommend something with sturdy-]

alright now we have the setup all these pokemon need almost no leveling up (except for patrat needs to be level 11 for detect) so first lead with Qwilfish and lay a nice 3 layers of spikes that will ensure that her overleveled mons lose a quarter of their health and then switch into Trubbish and throw a good ol' 2 layers of toxic spikes and take down her abra with poison gas since it does not have any attacking moves so when her abra is down and she is about to switch into kadabra switch into rattata which will call for her to use energy ball that is where u instantly double switch into deerling with the sap sipper grass immunity  which then she will go for psychic and u switch back into rattata keep going for this process until kadabra is down which then comes in the alakazam that is where patrat comes in u immediatly use detect to stack on the toxic damage then u switch into any other pokemon to get koed and then switch back into patrat use detect once again and then switch keep that process until alakazam is down and then u earned urself an early game amulet coin 

hopefully my thread was of any use to u and please do tell me if u tried this

Edited by Ilovepotatoes25

u dont necessarily need detect for it as there's other methods that can be used as well such as a low-is level pokemon like alolan grimer which happens to be a shadow pokemon, purify it, teach it knock off and make sure its ability is poison touch that way you can take advantage of poisoning the abra lead and because of it starting with trick room you can easily outspeed everything after and spam knock off and the fight would be over roughly the turn trick room ends................. alternatively you can also use prankster sabeleye with taunt if you want a challenge

On 12/29/2019 at 10:56 PM, ArcBolt27 said:

u dont necessarily need detect for it as there's other methods that can be used as well such as a low-is level pokemon like alolan grimer which happens to be a shadow pokemon, purify it, teach it knock off and make sure its ability is poison touch that way you can take advantage of poisoning the abra lead and because of it starting with trick room you can easily outspeed everything after and spam knock off and the fight would be over roughly the turn trick room ends................. alternatively you can also use prankster sabeleye with taunt if you want a challenge

U see i don't think trick room sweep works cause i tried it with a brave nature hustle raticate max attack evs 29 ivs with crunch and i didn't even pick off a quarter of alakazam's hp and purifying grimer takes a good amount of time unlike the the strat i gave which only needs access to route 1 for deerling and other than that all the other pokemon are in gearen city. But for sabeleye i think we gain access to that at like grand dream city in the kimono girl's dream dunno if u can get it beforehand

there's also the problem of u cant guarantee that u will live to even see the alakazam with this strat cuz with how your plan to stall works its purely based on luck and hoping they wont predict a swap as if the patrat falls the plan crumbles right then and there and both the kadabra and alakazam have more than enough means to take it out, plus amidst all that switching trick room will fade thus letting them easily outspeed anything u have

13 hours ago, ArcBolt27 said:

there's also the problem of u cant guarantee that u will live to even see the alakazam with this strat cuz with how your plan to stall works its purely based on luck and hoping they wont predict a swap as if the patrat falls the plan crumbles right then and there and both the kadabra and alakazam have more than enough means to take it out, plus amidst all that switching trick room will fade thus letting them easily outspeed anything u have

How do we not guarantee patrat's survival when the only time i use it is when alakazam is sent out i send it out after something is koed which means no matter what the game can't predict and i didn't use the immunities plan because she spams dazzling gleam which there is nothing immune to fairy and as for kadabra i said u just spam swap between rattata and deerling so even if she tries to use shadow ball instead of psychic or energy ball it still won't affect any of them and u warned me about trick room fading when i said i don't need trick room because the only move i use after setting up on abra is detect on patrat and that is when alakazam is sent out so i really don't see where this plan is luck dependent. I can only see one scenario where this plan goes wrong which is if she switches to alakazam instead of kadabra after abra is koed which is highly unlikely other than that she has nothing else 

16 hours ago, Ilovepotatoes25 said:

How do we not guarantee patrat's survival when the only time i use it is when alakazam is sent out i send it out after something is koed which means no matter what the game can't predict and i didn't use the immunities plan because she spams dazzling gleam which there is nothing immune to fairy and as for kadabra i said u just spam swap between rattata and deerling so even if she tries to use shadow ball instead of psychic or energy ball it still won't affect any of them and u warned me about trick room fading when i said i don't need trick room because the only move i use after setting up on abra is detect on patrat and that is when alakazam is sent out so i really don't see where this plan is luck dependent. I can only see one scenario where this plan goes wrong which is if she switches to alakazam instead of kadabra after abra is koed which is highly unlikely other than that she has nothing else 

quite easy: detect failure botches the plan royally, 1 failed detect when patrat is out kills u thus ruining the plan................ plus you also have to factor in that kadabra could easily read your swap and counter it as well........... trust me ive done numerous scenarios in a multitude of runs against her including one quite similar to yours so i know what flaws the plan has

On 1/2/2020 at 2:38 AM, ArcBolt27 said:

quite easy: detect failure botches the plan royally, 1 failed detect when patrat is out kills u thus ruining the plan................ plus you also have to factor in that kadabra could easily read your swap and counter it as well........... trust me ive done numerous scenarios in a multitude of runs against her including one quite similar to yours so i know what flaws the plan has

If that was the case then how come it worked out for me, its not like i came up with this plan and asked anyone to try it for me. Kadabra never read my swaps and not sure what u mean by detect failure because i don't use it more than once every other turn. And can u explain the similar strategy that failed