Lore Question: How long ago did Ame become champion?

Gham

Playing through Reborn again and was at the introduction of Adrien part and am curious: how long ago Ame become champion? Most of the gym leaders are either working with team Meteor, stuck back in time, or like under 12 so when did Ame become champion? Were there different leaders then? If it was too far back some of the leaders weren't like...born yet so I was just super curious about dis lore yo. Would also be cool to learn about that journey to the championship but I digress. 

Also, side note, regarding the Absol event, the OT is listed as Ame, is that signifigant story wise or just a nod? Like we see that same Absol ouside the train at the very beginning when we arrive sitting next to her so like was it really hers? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, hamfam000 said:

Playing through Reborn again and was at the introduction of Adrien part and am curious: how long ago Ame become champion? Most of the gym leaders are either working with team Meteor, stuck back in time, or like under 12 so when did Ame become champion? Were there different leaders then? If it was too far back some of the leaders weren't like...born yet so I was just super curious about dis lore yo. Would also be cool to learn about that journey to the championship but I digress. 

Also, side note, regarding the Absol event, the OT is listed as Ame, is that signifigant story wise or just a nod? Like we see that same Absol ouside the train at the very beginning when we arrive sitting next to her so like was it really hers? 

Ame became Champ when they reinstated the leauge
Ame's Absol is different from the one you see in the cutscenes I believe

I believe Rejuvination leaders were the ones before I could be wrong on that though

So according to Ame she is only the acting Champion. Her offical role is Organizer but is a stand in Champion until someone else claims it
Ame says that is the Absol that shows up in cutscenes

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Starry Knight said:

Ame became Champ when they reinstated the leauge
Ame's Absol is different from the one you see in the cutscenes I believe

I believe Rejuvination leaders were the ones before I could be wrong on that though

So according to Ame she is only the acting Champion. Her offical role is Organizer but is a stand in Champion until someone else claims it
Ame says that is the Absol that shows up in cutscenes

Ok, that makes more sense! And so to clarify, so the Absol is Ame's? Is the Absol's origins even worth looking into? If the Absol was just working on its own accord then obv Ame didn't have any idea of what was to come but I don't even know.

Edit: What im saying is, for the Absol to be owned by Ame but to be doing its own thing makes sense, because then I can stop looking into it, but if the Absol is working through Ame or vise versa Im intrigued. I feel out of all the things to look deep into this is probably not worth it BUT Im curious regardless.

Edited by hamfam000

50 minutes ago, hamfam000 said:

Ok, that makes more sense! And so to clarify, so the Absol is Ame's? Is the Absol's origins even worth looking into? If the Absol was just working on its own accord then obv Ame didn't have any idea of what was to come but I don't even know.

Edit: What im saying is, for the Absol to be owned by Ame but to be doing its own thing makes sense, because then I can stop looking into it, but if the Absol is working through Ame or vise versa Im intrigued. I feel out of all the things to look deep into this is probably not worth it BUT Im curious regardless.

Yes the Absol is Ame's

Some Pokemon prefer to be out of thier ball like Pikachu

Some of the mythical/ledgendary Pokemon have trainers just to stop others from trying to catch them and still roam around that what might be happening here. Absols are known to show up when something bad is going to happen so she could be using it as an indicator because registered Pokemon show where they are

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Starry Knight said:

Yes the Absol is Ame's

Some Pokemon prefer to be out of thier ball like Pikachu

Some of the mythical/ledgendary Pokemon have trainers just to stop others from trying to catch them and still roam around that what might be happening here. Absols are known to show up when something bad is going to happen so she could be using it as an indicator because registered Pokemon show where they are

Dope. Knew about the nature of Absol but not the idea of those trainers sounds awesome, thanks for the post.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Starry Knight said:

The trainers are from anime mostly but some fan games have used the concept

Wasn't that a topic discussed in the pokemon movie about Manaphy? Im running on nostalgia alone here but that was why May was all uptight about protecting lil guy and Max was probably being an asshole off to the side or something. That last part has nothing to do with this comment just venting here.

2 minutes ago, hamfam000 said:

Wasn't that a topic discussed in the pokemon movie about Manaphy? Im running on nostalgia alone here but that was why May was all uptight about protecting lil guy and Max was probably being an asshole off to the side or something. That last part has nothing to do with this comment just venting here.

Yep, there's also cases like ash's Charizard and Squirtle

Also in jirachi movie

1 minute ago, Starry Knight said:

Yep, there's also cases like ash's Charizard and Squirtle

Also in jirachi movie

I remember the Squirtle squad arc but how does that factor in with Charizard. thought he just ditched it at the island to be trained. Maybe he went back and got it or something tho.

Just now, hamfam000 said:

I remember the Squirtle squad arc but how does that factor in with Charizard. thought he just ditched it at the island to be trained. Maybe he went back and got it or something tho.

Charizard comes back every once and while. Charizard was the one who wanted to stay there, though they are still registered to Ash and he still has thier balls

1 minute ago, Starry Knight said:

Charizard comes back every once and while. Charizard was the one who wanted to stay there, though they are still registered to Ash and he still has thier balls

I feel. I just rewatched recently the Kanto league arc where Ash loses cause Charizard wont battle and the anxiety of my youth has returned. Probably will run into those episodes eventually. 

Just now, hamfam000 said:

I feel. I just rewatched recently the Kanto league arc where Ash loses cause Charizard wont battle and the anxiety of my youth has returned. Probably will run into those episodes eventually. 

I stpped watching just after Sinnoh and have no intentions of going back to rewatch. Other then the older movies

8 minutes ago, Starry Knight said:

I stpped watching just after Sinnoh and have no intentions of going back to rewatch. Other then the older movies

You're not missing much. I can barley stand the Hoenn movies and never got passed the first few in Sinnoh. Friend of mine says the Alolan episodes which are the most recent are good but Im not about to hunt for them or anything. Don't even think cartoon network shows them at night anymore.

2 minutes ago, hamfam000 said:

You're not missing much. I can barley stand the Hoenn movies and never got passed the first few in Sinnoh. Friend of mine says the Alolan episodes which are the most recent are good but Im not about to hunt for them or anything. Don't even think cartoon network shows them at night anymore.

I wouldn't know
Nobody but my 'ma has cable/dish, I couldn't stand the Alola art style

16 minutes ago, Starry Knight said:

I wouldn't know
Nobody but my 'ma has cable/dish, I couldn't stand the Alola art style

yaaa the lil eyes creep me out. Also none of the OG voice actors are there as far as I know so its like my generation is not really the target market anymore. Also they have most of the movies and episodes on amazon prime but that's another expense and the anime wasn't THAT good to the point id pay that. Netflix got the kanto series tho.

• Haha 1