Pokemon: The Origins

Dana

[LINK REDACTED BECAUSE XIPH WAS TOO SLOW]
ikaru was here

So I stumbled upon this and to be quite honest... well, I'm pretty excited. It seems to be a trailer for a new Pokemon anime. Basically like the old Pokemon games, but in anime form. Centered around Red and Green. If this gets dubbed, Green might become Blue like in the games, but I'm not too sure.

Anyway. Thoughts?

But isn't this just a special and not a whole anime? That's what it says on serebii.

It has to be a whole anime, I mean, the trailer shows Red talking to Lance and challenging Green in the league....I'd DOUBT they would skip from Brock to the league like that....I think Serebii wrote that because before the trailer surfaced, the only screenshots available were from the start of the journey and Brock....

Funny, I was reading onto this until I noticed this thread. It'll probably be like Legend of Korra or something, not something they'll continue. Red looks absolutely child-like though, not the 16-18 teenager I expect, but then again, I read too much Pokemon Adventures.

Even if it does do well, Nintendo has always focused their attention on what the younger kids want. If they can realize that there are older fans that are looking for something to fill their nostalgic desires, then maybe we could get a fully new anime based on the games/manga.

If this does well, yeah I think we could see if its gonna be a whole anime. If it does get dubbed I'd very excited, just gotta keep it away from 4Kids or they will BUTCHER it like they do other great shows like One Piece for example.-.- If it doesn't get dubbed I'd still be very happy with subs. All in all, I'm very hyped about this.