Whatcha doing?

Stars

I remember Ashen or somebody making a topic like this in the last iteration of PokéPlace.
Use this topic to talk about what you've been doing recently in any of the games.

I just got through the Elite 4 in Emerald this afternoon and became the Champion. Now I've finally been able to migrate the Regis over to Diamond (I was using Regice to fight the E4).
At present, I'm preparing to go catch Regigigas, which will bring my Dex up to 492~
After that, I just need to go catch and migrate Kyogre from Emerald.

EDIT: 492~!
Next I suppose I'll either go after the weather trio in Emerald or the Diamond legendaries that I have credit for but never actually caught (lake trio, Cresselia, and Heatran).

Hehe, I remember this topic.

I've kind of abandoned Soul Silver for right now. I've been playing Pokemon TCG for GBC. XD I got my first medal by beating the Rock Club and am attempting to beat the Fire Club using my Squirtle starter deck.

• Administrators
Bad move, Lara. The Fire Club leader won't face you until you have so many cards. If I remember correctly, it should be about the time you have three or four medals. Rock is definitely the way to start, but you're probably best off moving to Science or Fighting next.

In LeafGreen, I got a couple more HMs, and started training up a freshly caught Exeggcute. I've decided to run to a SubSeed set on it, but I haven't decided a fourth move yet... Giga Drain's recovery with the beast Sp.A sounds nice, but it also makes me completely unable to hit grass types. On the other hand I have the rest of the team for that. Hm...

You guys are crazy, Grass medal is the easiest~ Though I always start with the Charmander deck. I usually go Grass -> Water -> Science -> Fire -> Electric -> Psychic -> Rock -> Fighting

[quote name='Lara' post='136' date='Jun 8 2010, 10:17 PM']Really? Aw. Well, at the moment I'm fighting the last of the less-important people in the Fire Club. XD And it's become somewhat personal thanks to his stupid Pidgeot.[/quote]
Yeah, like Bear said, pretty much, I don't think you even have to fight the less important people, you just fight the leader when you have enough cards.

And I'm currently doing nothing in Pokemon. Maybe I'll start my monotype challenge later.

• Administrators
o no u di'nt~

Rock is -definitely- the easiest, coming from someone who's replayed starting with every kind of deck, a few different times. Grass is pretty easy, especially if you have the Charmander deck, but with her Squirtle deck, that's probably not the easiest to go next. I say Fighting because it's not -difficult- sans having to know where to look for his underlings, and it'll give her more Fighting Energy which she can add to her deck and ultimately use to take on the Electric Club, which would be her type's greatest challenge.

Meanwhile, caught myself a Staryu, so along with Exeggute I'm training up to speed Starmie too.

99 trainers to kill on this route, 99 trainers to kill... Give one a shout, beat him in a shut-out, 98 trainers to kill on this route...

I've been sporadically EV training a themed team that will probably end in fail, but I am doing it anyway. I still need to go through the second half of heart gold, but I've been kinda waiting so that the team, 5 of which were hatched and are being trained in Pearl, can be traded over and gain all of that happy extra experience. It is just taking a lot longer than I want it too (I've been trying to earn the power items as I need them, but that always takes forever, too. I don't exactly have a great team for the battle tower).

Finally have all 493!!!!!

*runs off to find out how to get the other stars on the trainer card*

EDIT: Hmm.........I have no one to do capture the flag with (that has to be local wireless, right?), so I think I might finally bother with the contests sometime soon. Also need to go play the battle tower a whole bunch.

Actually, I'm tempted to finally go buy HeartGold now. Thing is...I've bought three other games in the last month or so that have either barely been played or are still in their shrink wrap, so buying another game now would just make me feel guilty for overspending.

• Administrators
Much appreciated. For now though, I'm going to go play Snap. I was deprived of the N64 when I was young, I have a childhood to make up.
Edit: Or not. Some, um, functionality errors... Back to Celadon then...

...Kadabra's lack of evolution is a scar on my otherwise formidable team...

So I have to say, I forgot how nit-picky TCG is with the order you challenge the clubs. >.> I've been running around between the clubs trying to find one I can challenge and actually beat... Psychic won't pay attention to me, Fighting requires I find all his members, Fire won't fight me till I have more cards... I can't beat Lightning or Water with my current deck =/ ...

• Administrators
You can fight Fighting any time as long as you beat those guys. I think they're in the Rock, Fire and Grass club places.
And yeah, but she just doesn't have a lot of cards atm.

Yeah, I don't have all the cards needed to make a decent deck yet. Still working on it...Plus, I don't really know what to put in yet.

I know that I want the following included:

Seel + Dewgong
Hitmonchan
(Maybe) Staryu + Starmie
Ghastly (the version that actually attacks) + Haunter + Gengar
(Maybe) Rattata + Raticate
Abra + Kadabra
Energy Retriever
Energy Removal
Bill
Potion
Pokeball

Haven't been paying too much attention to things yet, but I definitely know of a bunch of cards that I don't want in my deck at all.

Just pump in some Bills and Professor Oaks and it'll make any deck way faster. Though speed isn't so much an issue in Pokemon TCG, like Yu-Gi-Oh... but I always have like 2 Oaks and 3 Bills. Also, I don't remember, but does it do linked battles? If so, we should totally find an emulator with net play...

It does linked battles, but only through a cable connection, I think...

But yeah, I definitely plan on having multiple Bills/Professor Oaks. I prefer Bills over Oaks though, if only because I'd rather not have to get rid of my entire hand every time.

It took a few tries, but I beat Mitch! Rock and Fighting taken care of on this end, too, as well as my first rival battle.

It's going to be interesting, finding another gym to battle without me being unlazy and making a new deck.

• 1 month later...
Huh, I forgot that people had been playing the TCG. Is that still going on?

Anyway, I just got the eighth badge in HeartGold and defeated the Kimono Girls. Now I'm saved at the base of the Bell Tower and will go after Ho-oh sometime soon.
Current team:
Lv 37 Typhlosion "Fuego"
Lv 33 Crobat "Skree"
Lv 34 Umbreon "Lumine"
Lv 36 Starmie "Starstorm"
Lv 37 Shiny Gyarados "Scarlet"
Lv 15 Furret "Tavis" (HM slave, obviously)