Release 9.5

Amethyst

I had the same problem with the Hotshot trainer with the Lvl. 16 Kadabra on the way to the Obsidia Slums. I think it's a normal problem. It's usually caused by your computer being slower than it needs to be to run the game, even if it is only for a few minutes or even less than a minute of slowing down sometimes. Do you have animated sprites on? If not, try turning the battle scenes off if you ever continue having a problem like that. It's caused by your computer slowing down too much, not by a glitch.

I was not talking about this Hotshot, I was talking about the one behind the tree you can cut at the start of obsidia ward (if you come from the grand hall). But yeah it's just that my computer is terrible. I was just wondering if there was anything specific that causes it, but apparently not (I'm not using animated sprites).

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel lonely because these last 3 posts are all mine..... Anywho I found MY 2nd move glitch that I didn't see posted here before. This is in the Jasper Ward, right there where one of the missing police officers were. Also, the Scolipede and Venipede gang up on the little boy here after saving him from the Drifloon in Beryl Ward. Figured since it were such a popular spot apparently, that it might be worth fixing for Episode 10. Like my last post about a move glitch, the circles indicate where you can parkour to get onto the roofs. Naturally, the circled boxes and rock are included.

EDIT: I don't feel lonely anymore, redwiff broke my 3-post streak before it even reached 3.....

SecondMoveGlitchinPokemonReborn95_zpsa7c Btw, sorry that my circles are so crappy..... XD

Edited by killblaze777

I was not talking about this Hotshot, I was talking about the one behind the tree you can cut at the start of obsidia ward (if you come from the grand hall). But yeah it's just that my computer is terrible. I was just wondering if there was anything specific that causes it, but apparently not (I'm not using animated sprites).

It doesn't matter which hotshot it is. This error can happen with any trainer in the entire game. It mean your computer is to slow at the moment it happens. Try closing any other open programs. If you have done all of this, then save your game and cut it off. Don't cut on any more programs. Walk away for about 10 minutes. Come back and the strain on your processor should be lifted. This can occur because of playing too long, or because of the weather effects especially. The weather effects cause a lot of lag. Ame is currently working on ways to reduce lag. If none of this works, then there is absolutely nothing else you can do. Your situation is not a glitch, or at least not one that can be fixed like you are thinking. It's happened to me a few times on my last file. The good thing is it saves right beside the trainer. Unfortunately if your team was weakened from the battle, but it didn't finish, then you have to beat that trainer with a weakened team, and his pokemon will be at full health..... The game saying the script is taking to long and resetting is the game's way of making sure you don't lose all your data if you haven't saved. Nice programming that Ame did for that. Saves me from losing data in the instance that my game crashes. It does that when lag is ABOUT TO make your game crash. It saves your data from being lost. Nice safehold if you ask me. :P

Edited by killblaze777

Ok I just found a movement glitch that actually does strange things in Jasper ward.Ledgehop_zps2e71113a.png

You can jump UP this ledge (this is at the beginning of the Malchous forest). Heather is invisible but you can still interact with her. She says what she usually says after you beat the tangrowth then flies off on salamence (when salamence does his roar thingy and Heather jumps on him they both appear before flying away). After that the tangrowth disappears but Taka stays there. I have not tried talking to him yet. The plants all over the city DO NOT disappear. Also you can walk through some of the trees in that area where Heather is, though that doesn't do anything.

There are some weird things happening in the rhodochrine jungle of the beryl ward... Some REALLY weird things lol.
Fishybridge_zps8793a78d.png

Explanations of my drawings:
Black circle: pretty obvious, visual glitch, the cliff is sticking out of the bridge. No impact on anything.
Red outline: Coming from the cage (going under the bridge) if you move left and right at the red dot you can move along the bridge and the character sprite will be sticking out of the bridge. You can't get off that line unless you are on the red dot.
Blue outline: Again coming from the cage, this is where strange things start happening. If you stand on the blue dot, you can move to the left or right just like with the red line, but it's a bit different. if you get off the bridge by going far in either direction you clip up the bridge and you can then move anywhere as if you had reached the bridge normally.
But that's not all I have to report about this bridge! If you clip upstairs with the blue dot method and then move along the bridge where the red outline is, when you come back down by using the stairs and walking through grass the bridge now has a solid hitbox and you can no longer pass underneath. Even if you go back to the start of the jungle to get teleported to the cage you can't pass under the bridge anymore (Read: you are stuck up there).

I have also once been able to move to the small cliff with the bush above the cave entrance but I have not been able to reproduce this :huh:

Oh and I also have a backup save file from right before activating this glitch (though I was dumb and cut the tree first, not sure if it does anything at all) if anyone wants it to experiment with this glitch.

P.S.: I got a ton of pictures of movement glitches from the Jasper ward, going to be posting all of those soon (whenever I'm done with this play session, basically)

EDIT: And here's another broken bridge in the same area!
Badbridge2_zps1a6349d1.png

Color code:
Green dot: There's a tree you can cut here, it was already cut when I took the picture so there's a green dot instead.
Red outline: Just like the one above, you can move along this area. This is coming from under the bridge (either way works) and you can clip up from the filled up area. Unlike above you are not limited in movement.
Blue outline: Again, just like the one above, this is the one that does strange stuff. It works just like the red outline, however you can cut the tree and move further down than with the red path. If you do, you clip up the bridge. Unlike the other bridge, this one does not become solid so there is no real impact other than saving a bit of walking through grass (and, obviously, being god and walking through bridges and cliffs)
Something I forgot to outline: you can walk left from the first tile below the filled up area and walk onto the cliff and into the tree (you can walk about 3 tiles left from the red area)

Edited by Redwiff

There are some weird things happening in the rhodochrine jungle of the beryl ward... Some REALLY weird things lol.

Fishybridge_zps8793a78d.png

Explanations of my drawings:

Black circle: pretty obvious, visual glitch, the cliff is sticking out of the bridge. No impact on anything.

Red outline: Coming from the cage (going under the bridge) if you move left and right at the red dot you can move along the bridge and the character sprite will be sticking out of the bridge. You can't get off that line unless you are on the red dot.

Blue outline: Again coming from the cage, this is where strange things start happening. If you stand on the blue dot, you can move to the left or right just like with the red line, but it's a bit different. if you get off the bridge by going far in either direction you clip up the bridge and you can then move anywhere as if you had reached the bridge normally.

But that's not all I have to report about this bridge! If you clip upstairs with the blue dot method and then move along the bridge where the red outline is, when you come back down by using the stairs and walking through grass the bridge now has a solid hitbox and you can no longer pass underneath. Even if you go back to the start of the jungle to get teleported to the cage you can't pass under the bridge anymore (Read: you are stuck up there).

I have also once been able to move to the small cliff with the bush above the cave entrance but I have not been able to reproduce this :huh:

Oh and I also have a backup save file from right before activating this glitch (though I was dumb and cut the tree first, not sure if it does anything at all) if anyone wants it to experiment with this glitch.

P.S.: I got a ton of pictures of movement glitches from the Jasper ward, going to be posting all of those soon (whenever I'm done with this play session, basically)

EDIT: And here's another broken bridge in the same area!

Badbridge2_zps1a6349d1.png

Color code:

Green dot: There's a tree you can cut here, it was already cut when I took the picture so there's a green dot instead.

Red outline: Just like the one above, you can move along this area. This is coming from under the bridge (either way works) and you can clip up from the filled up area. Unlike above you are not limited in movement.

Blue outline: Again, just like the one above, this is the one that does strange stuff. It works just like the red outline, however you can cut the tree and move further down than with the red path. If you do, you clip up the bridge. Unlike the other bridge, this one does not become solid so there is no real impact other than saving a bit of walking through grass (and, obviously, being god and walking through bridges and cliffs)

Something I forgot to outline: you can walk left from the first tile below the filled up area and walk onto the cliff and into the tree (you can walk about 3 tiles left from the red area)

Dang, you beat me to it. I didn't even notice the bridge thing. Everything else, yeah I was about to report that. So, i guess I was Ninja'd and outdone at the same time. Great show. Lolz

Plus you did a MUCH better presentation then I did. I wonder if these move glitches will EVER be fixed. I would imagine some will, but to fix all of them would take so much time..... I'm not sure if the minor ones would even be worth it for Ame.....

Edited by killblaze777

Here in the Lapis Ward when you speak to this girl for the first time, there is a move glitch on the crack where you are not supposed to be able to go. I did this. And when she was done with her dialogue, the game froze exactly in the same way that it did with the freeze with Cain in Coral Ward. My screen froze, and no buttons worked including the ability to open the menu. This is caused by being on the wrong side of her. She is supposed to walk through where I am standing in this picture. When she attempts it, the said freeze glitch happens. The circled spot is where you can walk over to get to the wrong side of her.

9d304a33-b7e5-4e7f-b0c5-4432747c060f_zps

Edited by killblaze777

Big post incoming, this is all the pictures I got from the Jasper and Beryl wards. (They are all put into spoilers so they don't take as much space in the thread)

So, first, let's just go over all the little things that are pretty much just visual oddities. They do nothing in terms of gameplay (as far as I know) and they really are just personal opinion when it comes to things you should or should not be able to walk over.

Crackinthevoid_zps874d7ed0.png
This crack is above the void, I personally find it a bit odd because there is no visible wall there.

fakeedge_zps4e2be36b.png
You can go up and down that cliff, doesn't really do much except (actual spoiler inside this one)

You can reach the hidden rare candy in that rock without using cut

fakebush_zps3dfff70c.png
You can walk over the outlined areas (you probably shouldn't, but tree hitboxes are strange)
BerylPULSE_zps00de2568.png
In this one, the outlined area is the only tile that is part of the PULSE that you can't walk over.
Fakethings_zps226841bb.png
You can walk over the outlined areas (again, you probably shouldn't)
Morefakeledges_zps6653af0e.png
You can walk over the outlined spots as well as the one I'm standing on in the picture (and you probably shouldn't)
Maybeintended_zps38e1ddd0.png
It's in the picture.
Faketrees_zpsc2a1848e.png
More strange trees.
Onabox_zps136c13c6.png
You can stand on this box.
Voidcracks_zps58f772da.png
Again some cracks on top of the void.
Onarock_zps8445051e.png
You can stand on this rock.
Thetrees_zpsf9918c9d.png
Again strange trees.

Now, on to the ones that may affect gameplay a little.

2in1pic_zps272fa408.png
Explanations are in the pictures for most of those.
arock_zps4e123427.png
I'm standing on a rock in this one (just saying because it may be a bit hard to see).
Ledgehop2_zpsd7558e6c.png
You can jump up this ledge.
moreledgehop_zps11629584.png
Same here.
Fakeneartrap_zps8e19c21e.png
You can walk over the outlined areas.
Additional notes for this picture (may contain minor spoilers):

The cage is well-made, there is only 1 fake spot, in the back (doesn't let you get out) and if you go flip the switch before getting trapped (by walking over those fake spots) the door is still closed after the nuzleaf cutscene. Also you can't reach the item no matter what.

Some extra things that I find kind of odd about the police in these wards (SPOILERS!):

1. In the police station there is an officer that tells you that two officers went missing in the jasper ward and 3 went missing in the beryl ward. His dialogue does not change after you save them (he's still saying that police officers went missing).
2. I may be completely wrong on this one but I think there are only 3 new officers that appear in the police dept. after you saved all of them. EDIT: I am indeed dumb, forgot about the guy on the couch.
3. If you save all the officers (Spoilers!)

they appear in the beryl ward right after taking out the 3rd PULSE (4 officers + the chief appear) and after the cutscene they go to Corey's gym. There are only 3 officers + the chief in Corey's gym and if you go back to the police dept. without beating Corey they also appear there (they are in 2 places at the same time)

I hope some of those are useful/new.
Question: Should I keep taking pictures of all those weird things I encounter or are they not really important/worth fixing (or if they've already been fixed and I'm not aware)?

Edited by Redwiff

• Administrators

Always.

Basic rule: If it's at the top corners of a tree, its passability is probably broken here, and has probably already been fixed. That explains almost all of the passability errors you posted. So if it's at the top corner of a tree, you can skip that.

Everything else noted though

Yet, another freeze glitch when cain is around. I was just done beating the Orderlies in Dr. Connal's Orphanage to get ready to save Heather from Dr. Sigmund., but as soon as they walk off they got to where they are in the picture and the game froze. Same as always, music still plays normally and all buttons stop working. Below is a picture of the situation.

56ee6870-96b5-45bf-9e54-059b93b6eb05_zps

Omgosh, I can't make it on either side of this area. I can't use strength yet and I haven't even faced Shade yet. So, why is the Fissure the same size as when Nidoking used Earthquake to help Cain get away from Sirius? That event hasn't even happened yet. I think this counts as game breaking. Btw I replaced both the maps and the tilesets again from the first post, and still nothing. Help me Ame I IZ A STUCK-ASS MOFO..... lmao

EDIT: Btw, when I said both side, I meant I tried going down below too and all the same you need strength and rock smash to proceed. And no passability Glitches to exploit to get by- at least not that I found. Also, it's weird that the railnet gate is open, even though I haven't fought Shade yet.

Game-BreakingFissureintheRailnetinPokemo

Edited by killblaze777

I'm so #done with the corners in that place it's ridiculous.

@ Killblaze.... Probably another problem with story skipping... Sigh. Send me your save.

Sure thing, and sorry. I know that I have had to send you my save twice today. Am I being too much trouble? I think it might be when I went through that fight with Amaria in the factory. I did the first fight in there and got my zubat lvl 9 to a zubat lvl 18... was awesome. But, if I had known that it would cause you so much trouble I would have just spent 41718212 Hours grinding with nothing but leech life and astonish..... *Runs and hides from Ame, afraid that she will feast on my innards for causing her so much trouble today* No, seriously, we all know you are working hard, only to get bombarded with glitches that ppl need you to fix. We really do appreciate you. We all do. Thanks for the great game! :D

Edited by killblaze777

• Administrators

She wouldn't tell you if you were being too much trouble even if you were, but don't worry- you should see Inuki and I on the day of a new beta. She'd probably kill us if she had the means.

Ok so here's what I got today from the Lapis ward and the Grand Staircase (didn't find as much stuff as in jasper and beryl):

Some minor things:

Crackandlamppost_zps99513798.png
In the Lapis ward, you can walk over the spots with the red outline.
Imamurkrow_zps40e59114.png
In the team Aqua hideout, you can walk up on those 2 spots.
Parkouronrooftops_zps03bd3fbe.png
In the north obsidia ward, you can walk on top of this roof if you come from the tile with the red arrow.

Those may contain some spoilers.

Shewonttalktome_zps906773cb.png
When you first go up into the Lapis ward (Spoilers in here)

After you beat Corey and team Meteor makes the Grand staircase explode but before going to Shelly's gym and seeing Shade clean up

there's a bunch of people you can talk to, but this girl will not talk to you if you come from this side. If you are facing her back or side she'll talk to you, but not if you're in front.
fakerockunderstaircase_zps7099148d.png
More corners being broken in that cave, how great.

Also, I know someone already posted a picture showing that you can walk over the crack that is in front of the orphanage in the Lapis ward, but just to clarify, the entire crack just doesn't exist. It's not that there's one spot you can walk over, it just doesn't do anything at all.

One more thing (contains minor spoilers: the location of certain pokemon):

Disclaimer: I can't really verify this so I may be wrong.
So, you can find Zorua by playing hide and seek through all the alleyways on a windy night, however, in one of those alleyways, you can also find Zangoose (on any night, I think). I read on this forum that after finding Zangoose at night you play hide and seek with him in all the alleyways during the day. So, here's what happened: I started the Zorua event before starting the Zangoose event. When I got to the Zangoose alley I found the actual Zangoose and this event started. The Zorua did not show up and the Zangoose was not in any other alley. Time travel to the next day, I can now find Zorua during the day. Time travel to the next night, I can now find Zangoose at night. So, it seems that if you start the Zorua event before Zangoose, the times you can find them get switched. It's not really game-breaking in any way though, I could still catch both. It really only forces you to time travel.

EDIT: I played a bit more today after posting those, I don't have any new pictures but I got some extra comments
About the police officers (may be spoilers)

I have now beat Cain in the beryl cemetary. There are still 3 police officers in Corey's gym (the chief left though). Also, the people in the street leading up to Corey's gym still say that a bunch of police officers just ran by.

About the grand staircase

The bottom room of the grand staircase has some sort of visual glitch in about every corner. Don't bother fixing them lol (though that random rock could be something to fix). Also, about the rest of the cave, it is very well done, I don't think I have found a single glitchy corner or ledge

Well, I did find something, but I'm almost certain it's intended (there are ladders all over the place that let you get up on the background floor. It can be used as a shortcut sometimes. It would be better if there were walls at the edges instead of just void though :P. Really cool stuff though, that cave was awesome.)

Also you can walk over most of the gravestones in the Beryl cemetary (and to interact with the ones that you can walk on, you actually have to be on top of them instead of in front)

Oh yeah and I got something really fricken cool:

SHINYNUZLEAF_zps3ff17699.png
One of my favorite pokemon too :) (Also, btw, lvl 55 shiftry was a real pain to my lvl 35ish team. Leaf storm-nasty plot combo is insane :P)

Edited by Redwiff

I found a weird move glitch with Victoria in Pyrous Mountain. As soon as you pass the rock that I circled and then walk just one more step to the left side, you end up with what I got. Victoria teleports to the side of you, but she is facing you. Also, she walks sideways left and right without facing left and right. It's weird-looking, almost as if she's trying to block me. She doesn't block me, but it looks like she's trying to. I mean, she's walking friggin' sideways. XD ...Sorry just never seen that in a Pokemon game before, so I thought that it looked funny.

YetAnotherMoveGlitchinPokemonReborn95_zp

Edited by killblaze777

Omgosh, I can't make it on either side of this area. I can't use strength yet and I haven't even faced Shade yet. So, why is the Fissure the same size as when Nidoking used Earthquake to help Cain get away from Sirius? That event hasn't even happened yet. I think this counts as game breaking. Btw I replaced both the maps and the tilesets again from the first post, and still nothing. Help me Ame I IZ A STUCK-ASS MOFO..... lmao

EDIT: Btw, when I said both side, I meant I tried going down below too and all the same you need strength and rock smash to proceed. And no passability Glitches to exploit to get by- at least not that I found. Also, it's weird that the railnet gate is open, even though I haven't fought Shade yet.

Game-BreakingFissureintheRailnetinPokemo

Well I got the same thing, so that pretty much confirms it's caused by the early abandoned factory :(

EDIT: So, apparently, you can continue on with the story if you just go to the abandoned factory and finish that part. Though I don't have Shade's badge or the shadow ball TM so this may be a little though XD (common candy ftw?)

Edited by Redwiff