Hardest Battle?? Spoilers?

mamba24boi

So far at the point I am at I have found the hardest battle to actually be Shelly. Her Yanma was so bulky and had a super effective move against my whole party if it was just expert belted I would have never beat her. My second was followed fairly closely by the battle with maxwell in your first event as a member of team Aqua. His lv 41 vulpix's flamethrower might as well have been called "Satans Wrath". Havent gotten through all nine episodes yet but from what I see no one found these two hard??!! To be fair I was warned about Florina's cradily before hand and hit it was glare, smokescreen, swagger combo to take it out.

Who were your toughest battles and why??

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it was Corey, at the time I was facing him almost nothing on my team could take a hit and do enough damage to that thing. My big problem was at the begining of the game my team was pretty much a stall team I had no hard hitters and if something was immune to poison it screwed me over really badly,I could take on all 5 other pokemon and not lose one of my own but crobat would just sweep my entire team and heal any damage it took with roost. I had a boldore but it was always missing rock blast vs crobat and stopping when it was one rock blast away from death YOU HAD ONE JOB BOLDORE ONE JOB!. In the end after 7-8 trys I trained up a graveler and managed to beat him (boldore missed rockblast......but graveler was there to clean up.)

Oddly enough Sera and Aya were my easiest gyms.....

Edited by ShatteredSkys

Florina was my nemesis. Aya and Serra were not that bad, but Flobot just kept beating me down. I eventually got the Gyarados and swept her away like dust.

Edited by Money_Man115

Julia took me two tries because I was new to the game and didn't know what to expect.

Florinia took me three tries because Cradiddlies.

Corey, Shelly and Shade took me one try (though Shade got me down to just one Poke left).

Kiki, Cal, Aya and Serra took me one try as well.

Noel took me six turns.

Aya was my biggest challenge. Started a whole new game cause of her xD

Aya was soooo difficult. I had to train up a Lanturn (which took a permanent spot on my team), a Glameow (now a Purugly), and a Graveler.

Aya. My god was Aya hard. She ticked me off to no end, it was ridiculous. Have fun once you get to her, for it's a nightmare.

Oh, thnx a lot for the encouragement, guys! :P

I would say Noel, he forced me to set up a sweep and if we had common candies back then, I'm sure the other battles would have been easier.

Overleveling? :P

Noel was actually one of the easier gym leaders for me, it only took me two tries to beat him.

Oh, thnx a lot for the encouragement, guys! :P

With your team, I think you'll do ok against Aya, just watch out for one of her Pokémon. With that Alakazam, you'd have 4x super effective hit against it, but it's bloody fast.

Surprisingly I haven't faced too much trouble with the gym leaders. They were more of a nuisance after enough training.

What is brutal however is Ghost Sensei Kiki's Medicham at lvl. 65. Jesus Christ that was brutal and took me over 10 tries to get it right.

I found Julia, Florinia,and Corey to be especially hard because of running with Grovyle and the other three pokemon on my team being Normal type.

But the game definitely gets a little easier when you start adding powerhouses to your team, i.e. Arcanine, Donphan, Mammoswine.

Surprisingly I haven't faced too much trouble with the gym leaders. They were more of a nuisance after enough training.

What is brutal however is Ghost Sensei Kiki's Medicham at lvl. 65. Jesus Christ that was brutal and took me over 10 tries to get it right.

Wait,what?! @_@