Follower Mod Reborn E18

Romy

• Developers

I actually went and more or less determined what are the actual mod changes.

The good news is that I actually got it up and running on e19. I can get a pokemon out, it follows me, even through map transition, stairs etc. and I can interact with it. And I refactored pokecenters to basically become a non-issue (previous version required manually changing every pokecenter).

The bad news is that it's very buggy. For instance it only checks the party leader which is a complete nonsense. Leader can be an egg or fainted in which case it's not eligible to be a follower (I have my unhatched Riolu following me around lol). And I have a whole list of other things to fix and test to get it up to my quality standards.

I'm still looking into it when I have some time but it's a very slow process and I'm unsure if I'll ever finish it on my own. I'm a good enough programmer to be confident that I can do it, it's just very time consuming so I keep questioning if it's worth it to attempt it on my own. Perhaps if I had someone helping me?

If someone wants to try and help me with this you can DM me here or on Discord.

15 hours ago, enumag said:

The good news is that I actually got it up and running on e19. I can get a pokemon out, it follows me, even through map transition, stairs etc. and I can interact with it. And I refactored pokecenters to basically become a non-issue (previous version required manually changing every pokecenter).

The bad news is that it's very buggy. For instance it only checks the party leader which is a complete nonsense. Leader can be an egg or fainted in which case it's not eligible to be a follower (I have my unhatched Riolu following me around lol). And I have a whole list of other things to fix and test to get it up to my quality standards.

I'm still looking into it when I have some time but it's a very slow process and I'm unsure if I'll ever finish it on my own. I'm a good enough programmer to be confident that I can do it, it's just very time consuming so I keep questioning if it's worth it to attempt it on my own. Perhaps if I had someone helping me?

Ahh, thank you for taking the time to look into it, at the very least!

I'd very much love to assist you in getting this mod fixed proper for E19, but I've never actually designed or tampered with mods before, so I wouldn't exactly know how or where to begin in doing so. I'll try to at least learn how to get to where I can start fidgeting with the code on my own, and if it seems like a promising endeavor I'd be able to contribute to, I'll reach out to help! In the mean time, I'd still be super cool if anyone else wanted to, like, help you while I learn how2mod 🥴

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/30/2022 at 1:45 PM, enumag said:

Hey there bro. I was looking for a mod that allows me to set the following pokémon feature, and you seem to be my only hope.

Did you manage to get it working somehow? Do you need help with it?

• Developers

Hi everyone. We did in fact take this project on together with Nico. It's still quite a bit of work but we're making progress. And it will likely be way better than the previous mod as well.

As a part of this Nico is also working on recoloring the overworld shiny sprites to Reborn's customized shinies. But considering how many mons there are he wouldn't mind some help with that. So if anyone is up for a bit of art work please hit me on Discord: enumag#2976

Huge shoutout to y'all for devoting time and energy into bringing this project up to ep19! The follower mod is such a great luxury feature for the overworld. Even if y'all are unable to finish this project, I can tell you I appreciate the work your doing. Complete or Incomplete, I look forward to seeing whatever product y'all put out! 👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2022 at 8:13 AM, enumag said:

Hi everyone. We did in fact take this project on together with Nico. It's still quite a bit of work but we're making progress. And it will likely be way better than the previous mod as well.

As a part of this Nico is also working on recoloring the overworld shiny sprites to Reborn's customized shinies. But considering how many mons there are he wouldn't mind some help with that. So if anyone is up for a bit of art work please hit me on Discord: enumag#2976

hi, maria sent a discord friend request, like, 2 weeks ago because it has three shiny overworld sprites to send you but it hasnt been accepted yet

• Developers
6 hours ago, TopichuMaria said:

hi, maria sent a discord friend request, like, 2 weeks ago because it has three shiny overworld sprites to send you but it hasnt been accepted yet

Hi yeah I accidentally denied that friend request and had no way to find out who it was. Discord doesn't show denied friend requests anywhere. My apologies for that. Please try again or DM me. 😊