Cut Down the Cherry tree?

iskelion

Before i save, i tried to cut down the Cherry tree, which told me "a new timeline has been created, your actions have affected the future".

In general lines, whats the difference between cutting it and leaving it ?

Cutting it modifies Route 2 in the present.

I forget the exact specifics of it, but you can ultimately replant the tree and get access to flabebe this way 

edit: I believe you have to take the cut tree to route 2 

3 minutes ago, Lucky98 said:

Cutting it modifies Route 2 in the present.

I forget the exact specifics of it, but you can ultimately replant the tree and get access to flabebe this way 

edit: I believe you have to take the cut tree to route 2 

Ty, so basically the difference is between having to replant the tree or not.

It thought it would be more like "world destroyed vs world not destroyed" lol

2 hours ago, iskelion said:

Ty, so basically the difference is between having to replant the tree or not.

It thought it would be more like "world destroyed vs world not destroyed" lol

Nah, plus like you get a different tm in the tm spot on that route and another zygarde cell plus the Grass Memory for Silvally alongside the item needed to get the scientist studying the flabebe out of the way.

4 hours ago, ZappoNinja said:

Nah, plus like you get a different tm in the tm spot on that route and another zygarde cell plus the Grass Memory for Silvally alongside the item needed to get the scientist studying the flabebe out of the way.

So basically, going back to cut the tree is completely bad for you in every way.

7 hours ago, iskelion said:

So basically, going back to cut the tree is completely bad for you in every way.

... No not at all. You completely misinterpreted my message in every single way. If you cut down the tree then you're able to get said items: 1. TM 46 Thief, 2. Grass Memory, 3. A Zygarde Cell, 4. Field Notes. 
After you're done getting those items you can go back to the past, interact with the area where you chopped down the cherry tree, and then you can replant it. After that when you go back to the route everything is normal again and you can give the field notes to the researcher blocking the path and then they will move and you will be able to capture a pretty powerful fairy type Pokemon.