Best restricted moveset for Blissey

satchit

Guys, noob alert. 😅 But for people like me who are too lazy to breed another Happiny, what is the best level-up + early game TM moveset for a Natural Cure Blissey?

Full story: I used the one Oval Stone I had mined to evolve my Happiny (which is now a Blissey) without thinking about what moveset it should have. I was planning on making it a Toxic Tank, but realized (a little too late) that Toxic is a TM I can get only much later. I've only finished 3 gyms yet. Would have loved to have a Counter Blissey too, but I can't go to the trouble of breeding one, then mining for another Oval Stone and then evolving and leveling it up. Same goes for Seismic Toss. So what's the next best bet? I have an Iron Ball, which I was planning on coupling with Fling. Is a Calm Mind TM or move tutor available in the game? 

Something like this is what I had in mind, but feel free to rework it with whatever resources I have at my disposal:

Blissey (F) @ Iron Ball

Ability: Natural Cure

Quiet Nature

- Softboiled

- Fling (power 130 with Iron Ball, right?)

- Light Screen (or another status move)

- <A normal (STAB) special move like Round, Echoed Voice or Hyper Beam, if available early on>

Thanks in advance!

Round is a TM you can get with 4 stickers and will be your best attacking move for a long while. Charge Beam also exists. Fling will do absolutely nothing off of Blissey's base 10 attack, even with an Iron Ball or a fossil. Light Screen at level 50 and Sing at 31 are probably your other best moves.

Honestly though, even though it seems like a lot of trouble, I really would recommend breeding. It doesn't take as long as you'd expect, actually; IIRC since Happiny is a baby Pokemon you'd need an incense to get it, meaning you'll get Chansey when you breed and won't need to mine a new Oval Stone. Even if you do need to breed to Happiny for some reason, the Oval Stone isn't too uncommon so you can just reset in front of a glowing rock until you get one.

Counter isn't an egg move you can get for a very long time, unless you happened to get Shroomish in your mystery egg. Seismic Toss should be available if you've got a mining kit since that means you have Rock Smash too. Heal Bell/Aromatherapy isn't an awful egg move to consider since you don't really have many other good options this early.

It is worth noting that there's a mod which lets you relearn egg moves at the move relearner in Obsidia. That'll be a few more badges down the line, but if you really can't be bothered to breed, it's probably your easiest option.

Thanks a lot for the reply, Seel! And also the motivation: I've decided to breed. 😛 But now I run into a new problem: where do I find Mawile for the Seismic Toss? From what I understand here: 

it has been moved to the wastelands. But that area isn't accessible yet, is it? How far is it from this part of the game? If not too far, I'll catch it once I get there. Or I'll chuck it and breed an aromatherapy Chansey.

Also, which of these movesets would you recommend, considering both were available to me? Please feel free to suggest absolutely any changes, including in the held item.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers

Quiet Nature

- Softboiled

- Round

- Aromatherapy

- Charge Beam

OR

Blissey (F) @ Light Clay

Quiet Nature

- Softboiled

- Round

- Light Screen

- Seismic Toss

Thanks!

Oh, did Mawile get moved to the wastelands? That's a little bit further, I think 2 gyms away, but still not too far from where you are. The matchups in between aren't great for Blissey, so definitely wait for Seismic Toss. I'd recommend the second moveset more partially because Leftovers isn't available until much later and partially because Seismic Toss is probably your best bet for damage in most cases (Blissey's Sp. Atk for using Round is only 75, which isn't awful considering Lopunny makes due for quite a while with 76, but Lopunny also has a ton of strong moves available and a lot of great coverage).

No one's mentioned it yet, but I don't believe Calm Mind exists in-game yet as a TM. I'm not sure if the move tutors have it either(would be nice if someone could confirm though). 

Fling+iron Ball is neat, but it's a trick you can only pull as many times as you have iron balls unless you get recycle. You might want to find something more consistent. Minimize, Sing, or even Healing Wish(much, much later on) could be neat. 

Just wanted to point out that you may not want to use seismic toss on Blissey until much later, it deals a fixed amount based on your level, which right now is not that high.  As for calm mind you can get it from Radomus on a previous episode, but the TM is removed when you update to E18.