[IC] EXTRA=STELLAR [Stage 1 - Meracus]

IntSys

Julianne for her part follows a group of soldiers, content to play the role of the morbidly curious bystander. Though that being said, she didn't really have much in mind for what to do once she got there. Evading danger is a skill one simply must have to make it on the streets of Gaea, but that was a skill Julianne honed for herself. She didn't exactly have anyone else to look out for, and even if she did, they probably wouldn't be as heavy. That really was the main problem here, Henrietta wasn't really the fastest and she didn't really strike the peformer as being the kind of person who slips away easily. There are plenty enough ways to escape retribution here, the forests especially if only the elites are prepared to deal with what dwells within, and depending on the state of Kaleigan-Meracusian relations a trip across the pass could be all it takes to shake off any pursuers. Problem is getting her there would be easier said than done. So if they wanted to avoid a protracted fight, they would probably want to either do a disappearing act or finding a way to get her out and fast.

With that in mind Julianne looks for something that could help quickly transport Henrietta away from any potential lynch mobs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eleanor looked at the others in the group, then back to the noise. Then she sighed, and followed the others to the sounds of fighting and hoped it was something reasonable like an honor duel and not the kind of shitshow they'd have to get involved in. 

• 2 weeks later...

With no one stopping her Henrietta made her way to the statue humming a song of her lord as she did. Once there she placed her explosives around it and turned to those who where gathered around. " Oh faithful followers of the Lord. I have grave news for you. Heresy as take root with in this home of the Lord. One of these heretical agents attempted to impose them self between me and my mission that the Lord has given me."  She spoke walking forward with her gun still held in her hands as ticking from the explosives around the statue could be heard "Fear not for I have taken steps to remove this heresy as close to its roots as possible." She smiled at any who remained. "Soon divine fire shall erupt removing the taint of heresy form the house of the Lord and return it and those who inhabit it back to his loving embrace."  she says as the ticking around the statue comes to an end.

Julianne

Observant as Julianne was, she managed to see an opportunity amidst the unfolding chaos - a loosely-guarded patrol convertible parked next to a diner. It had only been two decades since they began to mass-produce these chunks of metal back in Imera, so the cars in Gaea were either luxury imports or part of the Monoliths' arsenals.

The soldier on the convertible was busy trying to get a better look at the situation from afar by standing on the driver's seat. The car looked to be durable enough to drive through the Nexus' front door, too. But the question was, could she handle the car?

Henrietta

Henrietta's gospel almost seemed to have a divine effect to it, already compelling everyone, heretic or not, to escape from the premises. To punctuate the final sentence, the heretical statue was blasted into pieces, which then flew to shatter windows.

And with that, she was the only one left. One would fully expect bullets to start flying back at her right now, what with the open challenge against the Monolith, but not a shot could be heard amidst the panicking noises coming from outside.

Nemesis & Eleanor

A deafening explosion echoed out of the mess ahead. Fear pulsated from the now "cleansed" grounds, striking deep into the bystanders. What were they even supposed to do about this?

Nemesis and Eleanor could see a few soldiers already trying to approach the Nexus from all angles carefully. Perhaps too carefully with how slow they were going. From the looks of it, it was very likely that Henrietta was the only one left in the building. Not resorting to saturated fire seemed to imply some sort of a strategy here, but what could that be?

Or maybe they really didn't want to jump through flames and was hoping that a hero would swoop in soon and take care of everything for them. Perhaps that was also what everyone else watching was hoping for.

• 4 weeks later...

Nemesis was considering just leaving their rather overly excitable friend in the building when he hit upon an idea. If they were waiting for someone to save the day, then he could oblige. "I'll take care of this," he said, loudly enough to be audible, before taking off towards the building and past the lines of soldiers. Why am I doing this. . . ? She would make a convenient bullet catcher, at least, though even the value of that was already starting to pale in comparison to this level of trouble. He glanced back at Eleanor just long enough to determine if she was following, then continued on his way.