Noel's Cincinno and flinching

MuchoG

So obviously Cincinno has Skill Link because he hits tail slap and bullet seed 5 times every time, so I gotta know how I lost to Noel 2 times in a row because of him flinching non stop.

I know items like King's Rock can make you flinch but, if I'm not wrong it's only a 10% chance, In the first battle he flinched me 5 TIMES in a row and 3 times in the second battle. That's a 0,00001% chance of happening in the first battle, think about how small that number is, or I am the unluckiest person in the world or the chance of him flinching is higher than 10% which is BS. In the second battle he has a 0,001% chance of flinching 3 times in a row, back to back the impossible happened.

And I don't want to hide all the facts, in the first battle I paralyzed the porygon-z with discharge and he got paralyzed one turn, but I also missed a high jump kick that has a chance of landing of 90% and got a iron head off which has a 30% chance to flinch, with no flinch. In the second battle the bewear missed hammer arm but I also missed a blaze kick. 

Two battles in a row where the numbers where so against me that is hard to believe that the opponent does not have increased chance of getting hax. I'm not accusing because I love this game but until now I was losing because I did not train or didn't have the right team but this time I got to Cincinno quite easily and lost because of BS. 

And I do not have a speedy team, I have Blaziken, Ampharos, Mamoswine, Walrein, Aggron and Skuntank so I just had to sit there and watch fim flinch me to defeat.

Sorry for the long rant but I got really heated after all this BS, I'm hoping it doesn't happen again. 

The chance of flinching from a skill-linked multi-attack is 41% circa (or 1-0,9^5; "0,9^5" is the chance of not flinching from any of the 5 attacks, and "1-" is the chance of that not happening)

Last time I beat him, it was with poison spikes (2x poison spikes badly poisons enemy mons, and they can be set up before Cinccino shows up).
You could also try using a Throh with Inner Focus (= immune to flinching)... you should be able to catch one in Apophyll.

Damn I forgot about the 5 times he atacks so every hit has a chance to flinch, still, 41% chance 5 times in a row has a 1,15% chance of happening and 3 times in a row has 6,9% and thats still a very small chance, and it happened on back to back fights.

I'm gonna try a few more times because a high jump kick takes him down and I can get at least one off because I have speed boost, if I keep losing I might go get the throh, thanks for the advice!

12 minutes ago, MuchoG said:

Damn I forgot about the 5 times he atacks so every hit has a chance to flinch, still, 41% chance 5 times in a row has a 1,15% chance of happening

It doesn't need to flinch 5 times in a row: 1 is enough.
Each attack has a 10% chance of making your mon flinch; if at least one does, your mon flinches.

So, there is a 90% chance that one of those attacks doesn't make your mon flinch.
0,9*0,9*0,9*0,9*0,9 = 59% is the chance of none of the 5 attacks making your mon flinch.
1-0,59 = 41% is chance of at least 1 (so 1, 2, 3, 4, or all 5) of those attacks making your mon flinch. 🙂

EDIT: Oh wait, you meant the chance of him making you flinch 5 turns in a row sorry 😅

3 hours ago, MuchoG said:

Yes so a bullet seed or tail slap, since it always its 5 times has a 41% chance of making me flinch, so 0,41^5 gives a 1,15% of him using 5 bullet seeds and flinching on every single one.

what can I say, you got "lucky" on that particular try xD but that 1.15% is still higher chance than finding a shiny without the charm in Reborn, and I'm sure you have encountered shinies so think of it was a very rare but possible outcome

On 3/9/2019 at 6:42 PM, Candy said:

what can I say, you got "lucky" on that particular try xD but that 1.15% is still higher chance than finding a shiny without the charm in Reborn, and I'm sure you have encountered shinies so think of it was a very rare but possible outcome

I just led with Galvantula, set up the sticky web and managed to outspeed the cincinno with blaziken and high jump kick him to oblivion, took me a few tries because I was counting a lot on moves like blizzard, high jump kick, rock slide and they kept missing. The Bewear was probably her thoughest pokemon to me because I had no pshychic or flying types, the clefable was very easy due to my skuntank. Yes I already ran into 7 or 8 shinies going into Adventurine Woods so that battle was possible but still very aggravating.