The SAT

Thirdbird

Considering the writing score actually isn't counted >>

I took it a few months ago in some elaborate program (No, it was not the PSAT, I am 100% certain.)

and scored relatively high out of the age group, but it was still only a 1000/1600. I did terribly >>

• Administrators

i got a 1790 and felt like i was smart because my school was full of idiots and people who didn't care but not anymore </3

Uh, lemme see if I remember.

I know my Reading Score was 680

Math was 590

and Writing was 620

So... if I did my math right, that put me at 1790.

10 points away from the magic 1800. @.@ ( The usual level for that would put you in the "above average" bracket for scholarships here. )

I got 1940 on the real one (670 M, 620 CR, 650 W with 7 essay), but then I took a practice one recently (it was a previously administered SAT though). The results of the practice were 640 M, 650 CR, and 690 W with 10 essay, which is a 1980 total. However, I can switch the 640 M with the 670 M and superscore it to 2010 :o so I broke 2000 FINALLY!!! :) :) :):D

Took a practice SAT two and a half years ago as I was considering applying for university south of the border. The writing score was apparently amazing, but math was not so much. I could have done much better (twice placed in the top 10% of Canada in a national math competition) but any cares for mathematics fell off after junior year.

I printed out the score then and he'll, it might still be around. I'll edit this post if and once I do find it.

I got a 2100 on my SAT 3 years ago. I guess I did alright, but my class average was 2200. I understand that will sound insane to most people, but considering my high school is regardered as the top magnet school in the US, a perfect score in one or two subjects is pretty much expected. (Fun fact, this year's freshman class at my high school will be 63% Asian or Pacific Islander) Because of my top tier surroundings, I never really took pride in my score. Not that it really matters...the SAT is not a good indication of how well you will do in college, let alone how successful you will be in life. It only shows how well you take tests. Which is a good skill, and I wish I had it, but it is just that. A skill. Not a real sign of intellegence or scholastic knowledge. So people who score lower should not feel bad, and high scoring people should feel proud, but not cocky. Just my thoughts.

I got a 2100 on my SAT 3 years ago. I guess I did alright, but my class average was 2200. I understand that will sound insane to most people, but considering my high school is regardered as the top magnet school in the US, a perfect score in one or two subjects is pretty much expected. (Fun fact, this year's freshman class at my high school will be 63% Asian or Pacific Islander) Because of my top tier surroundings, I never really took pride in my score. Not that it really matters...the SAT is not a good indication of how well you will do in college, let alone how successful you will be in life. It only shows how well you take tests. Which is a good skill, and I wish I had it, but it is just that. A skill. Not a real sign of intellegence or scholastic knowledge. So people who score lower should not feel bad, and high scoring people should feel proud, but not cocky. Just my thoughts.

That. The only reason some people get 2400's and some people get 1200's is because of EFFORT. Anyone can get a good score with enough practice. If you knew me, you probably wouldn't have thought I could pass 2000+ on the SAT, but I did, and it's all thanks to several months of hard work. I just made this thread to see if anyone could relate, and hopefully people could ask for help and such. :)