So, How do you win the Madame X fight at Blacksteeple Prison?

ShadeStrider

2 hours ago, !!yxnT said:

one word: FEAR

Doesn't work, at least not the way you probably think. There isn't a single legitimate Focus Sash available at that point in the game, and Devastation doesn't care if your pokemon has Sturdy- it's gonna die in one hit anyway. It would speed up up the last leg of the fight a bit, but you have to survive the Devastation to get to that point, and Madame X's Max Potions have higher Priority than Quick attack does. 

2 hours ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

Doesn't work, at least not the way you probably think. There isn't a single legitimate Focus Sash available at that point in the game, and Devastation doesn't care if your pokemon has Sturdy- it's gonna die in one hit anyway. It would speed up up the last leg of the fight a bit, but you have to survive the Devastation to get to that point, and Madame X's Max Potions have higher Priority than Quick attack does. 

Never mind. I must be confusing rejuv with reborn, because im pretty sure you get a focus sash by that level in reborn. Maybe try using a bunch of shuppets with cursed body?

If I recall correctly, my first playthrough in V10 was me using revives and level-farmed stuff. (Mostly cuz I spent my first 30 AP on the EXP All)

My second playthrough was just me not caring, as I knew that you could lose it and continue.

Haven't done it in V11 yet.

• 5 months later...

After 3 or 4 versions I came back to play Rejuvenation again, from scratch. And I almost beat it by accident, just going through my play normaly.

I'll hint u; Cursed Body + Revive + Intimidate so ur mons dont get oneshot once cursed body does its magic. You get a Shuppet by night now in v12, where a few versions back was Misdreavus. My Luxray had the Intimidate and was my first mon. After that Banette, got oneshot but disabled it. With a revive used on that Banette its 100% possible to beat it. Needs to be cursed twice, but you can do. I assure

I didnt retry to do it, despite being curious if there is some phrase Madame X spills only available when you win. But it was funny. I remember retrying years back to do so, never could. And now almost by accident xD

2 hours ago, Mana said:

After 3 or 4 versions I came back to play Rejuvenation again, from scratch. And I almost beat it by accident, just going through my play normaly.

I'll hint u; Cursed Body + Revive + Intimidate so ur mons dont get oneshot once cursed body does its magic. You get a Shuppet by night now in v12, where a few versions back was Misdreavus. My Luxray had the Intimidate and was my first mon. After that Banette, got oneshot but disabled it. With a revive used on that Banette its 100% possible to beat it. Needs to be cursed twice, but you can do. I assure

I didnt retry to do it, despite being curious if there is some phrase Madame X spills only available when you win. But it was funny. I remember retrying years back to do so, never could. And now almost by accident xD

...So, thanks to this, I've learned that some Abilities cannot be ignored at all, be it through Mold Breaker and its ilk, or the likes of Sunsteel Strike and, yes, even Devastation. Cursed Body, it turns out, is one of those non-ignorable Abilities. So, congratulations to Mana for discovering a new tech! 🎊   🎊   🎊

...Shame I did the fight the Version before Madame X was changed to only have the one move on her yveltal. 😓

3 hours ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

...So, thanks to this, I've learned that some Abilities cannot be ignored at all, be it through Mold Breaker and its ilk, or the likes of Sunsteel Strike and, yes, even Devastation. Cursed Body, it turns out, is one of those non-ignorable Abilities. So, congratulations to Mana for discovering a new tech! 🎊   🎊   🎊

...Shame I did the fight the Version before Madame X was changed to only have the one move on her yveltal. 😓

Nuh. Probs to someone else. It's a short comment, so one might not notice when scolling through. But they said they used a Banette and Cursed Body aswell (One Time Disabling = Struggle to 20-25% hp down. In my case at least). Though I'm not content with all the changes from v10/v11 to v12.

I was so flashed about the whole thing that I didnt read through the thread before posting =.= 

My only regret, my last Safe File was so far back. As I thought it's meant to be a loss anyway, I turned my brain fully off for that fight, only realising it was winnable once it wasnt anymore 😄  And I aint going through 80% of the castle plot again. Straight to nopesville. Gonna look the victory phrase up on yt, or the wiki.

Yet, can't help but love how ironic this strat is... Legendary Lvl 100 Mon, meant to beat you up. Starts beating itself up, because of a cursed doll

Edit; Can't drain the life force of something that's not living... So I guess its befitting. Still amusing nevertheless

• 2 weeks later...

I once had 5 Revives, 1 Max Revive, and 5 Hyper Potions. Had a team of fairies due to my mono run. The bulkiest Pokemon I had was a Level 40 Primarina that had around 150 HP and 70+ Defense (not taking about EV, just the actual stats). Struggle dealt around 110-130 damage, but the min damage roll saved me. Kept on healing until Yveltal collapsed.