How Unique is Isabelle in Smash?

Godot

I am on the boat of being upset to see her... but I should prob do the obligatory "what's Isabelle's moveset" thing.... siiiiigh let's go...

image.thumb.png.0ffa755264dab884245c89b3a81b144e.png

Neutral Special: Pocket, Identical to the villager's.  She grabs an item or projectile and puts it in her pocket, and can either keep it away from her rivals, or use it at double power.

image.png.e8c693b9e18efae0ac78dced9d08d304.png

image.png.ece5db9da84d35ca98679f19a10f3652.png

Isabelle's Side Special is a Fishing Pole instead of a Llyod Rocket.  She is shown throwing it off stage and using it to grab people and launching them upwards.  Looks like an off stage tool.  I can see this move functioning as a tether recovery.

image.png.b70bcdce50d246e4ec4626ec2f250fe3.png

image.png.b0bcdc542a16a8cdd64c3a51c3684fb7.pngimage.png.ce20d72e575718cd2224f10480eb008c.png

Down Special: Unlike the vilager who plants a tree, Isabelle plants a Llyod rocket that launches upwards and explodes.

image.png.226090fa0fb655181b65f49eee0e779a.png

image.png.4ea15d274aaa1e08faf3564d7866d218.png

image.png.efb8953b70379d1a809d47c127fff405.png

Up Special or Recovery: Similar to Villagers, but instead of referencing balloon fight, she sits in a swing.

image.png.b69f6a722f7a80a4afda652a683cb5d9.png

Forward Tilt: Isabelle smacks her foe with a piko piko hammer.

image.png.f0ec9a696284535b738c8a609d8fb65a.png

Forward Smash: Pulls out a party Popper and causes an explosion in front of herself.

image.png.626f6cd96e343d8cf9b90c66004f2abd.png

Down Smash: Pulls out a water bucket and splashes it from side to side.

image.png.786d25effa2f97dcc1e4ba51c081e0a2.png

Up Tilt: Swings a Broomstick above her head in an arc.

image.png.9511b5a2864b6a83b9c87b48eb01df60.png

Up Smash: Blows a Whistle and calls up a stop Sign.  Looks like a weaker version of what Palutena and Bayonetta have.

image.png.12cd92f8fad864ff90ddc5d60c2f3ea1.png

Dash Attack: Instead of a potted Plant, Isabelle trips over and drops a pot.  Probably has similar physics to Villager's where he can throw it off stage or platforms to use as a poke tool.

image.png.7defd6ea6d773bd612e9139485f1690e.png

Neutral Air or Nair: Does a spin attack with Pom-Poms.  Can't tell if the attack functions like Villager's or Peach's.  Neither the less it's pretty simple.

image.png.716827b62c9099e39633c821fa88d580.png

Grab: We only see her perform her back throw I wouldn't be surprised if all of her throws were identical to the villager's.

image.png.7f6b83be98af5a47e0d9da61f7fbb311.png

image.png.b4c5d60c877de3775249d12afbcc34d6.png

Final Smash: Similar to villager's minus one difference.  She has Tom Nook build the town hall.

image.png.effb2b8ea8b36a1d1dcb6611c10ca144.png

image.png.0b1069976e62b930fdb38c0afc81b7a5.png

I apologize for the cynicism, I am not happy to see her being a unique character.... w/e hopefully the october reveal is someone more interesting.  We don't see her perform Jab, Down Tilt, Up Air, Dair, Fair, or Bair.  If she doesn't have Villager's Fair or Bair, she will be lesser then him in my opinion.  Fair, Bair, and Pocket are what makes the Villager a good character in my opinion.  Time will tell... so far I am just going to have to just get over the salt.

image.png

3 hours ago, Wolfox said:

I think she's as unique to Villager as Richter is to Simon

Are you mad?  Did you read the topic title or actually go through my thread?  Her f-tilt, f-smash, down smash, up tilt, up smash, side B, and down b are entirely different.  Richter’s only difference to Simon are up b size and color of holy water.

2 hours ago, Lorisaur said:

I actually don't like her so much... I would have appreciated othe smash characters like Dry Bowser, GolisoGod, Sylux, and so on

I am not happy about Isabelle being her own character, but I honestly prefer her over Dry Bowser, Golisopod, and Slylux.

Dry Bowser isn’t a character and I would rather have a Dark Bowser Echo.

Inciniroar and Decidueye would be more interesting then golisopod.

and We have Ridley and Dark Samus, Slylux and Rundus aren’t entirely needed despite the fact that Rundus would probably play somewhat like Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat and that would be pretty rad.

26 minutes ago, Godot said:

Are you mad?  Did you read the topic title or actually go through my thread?  Her f-tilt, f-smash, down smash, up tilt, up smash, side B, and down b are entirely different.  Richter’s only difference to Simon are up b size and color of holy water.

I am not happy about Isabelle being her own character, but I honestly prefer her over Dry Bowser, Golisopod, and Slylux.

Dry Bowser isn’t a character and I would rather have a Dark Bowser Echo.

Inciniroar and Decidueye would be more interesting then golisopod.

and We have Ridley and Dark Samus, Slylux and Rundus aren’t entirely needed despite the fact that Rundus would probably play somewhat like Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat and that would be pretty rad.

To be honest, F-tilt looks the same as villager, but just with a different item. Same for downsmash. The side and down b are the only true differences, but also down b has its similarities. She is more unique than Richter, but less than Chrom in my opinion. I would have made her an echo honestly, her attacks have different properties but the basics are from Villager. However, if she has very different Fair and Bair she deserves her own slot as a character

Dark Bowser echo would be absolutely awesome, but I'm happy with less too (like dry bowser). Incineroar would be a nice character, but a bit too obvious while Decidueye is better for pokken than he is for smash. Golisopod would have a good set of moves. As for Sylux and Rundas... I'm just a HUGE metroid fan, I would love a cast with even 20 metroid characters ahahah

F-tilt looks nothing like Villager’s.  And down B is more like Snake’s old down smash on steroids then anything.  Down smash is also completely different besides animating the same.  All she shares with Villager, that we know of, is Pocket, Balloons, Final smash, and grab